A Mountain Jenga Fiasco

I don't remember how long Diego and I stood there before we finally moved to where the clearing was that Sid was building the fire though I know it was still never long enough. At the same time, it was almost like a dream that it happened and that we stayed so long.

With the fire roaring, me, Diego and Sid took spots up around it- though this time, I found me and Diego closer than normal, I was only a few feet away from the fire with Sid a few paw steps away from my right while Diego was just a few inches down to my left. Why was I starting to notice things?? What happened for this to happen??

Just then Manny joined us which made us looked up at him. "So how did it go?" Diego asked,

The mammoth's eyes shifted and he had a nervous look upon his face, "Mm....Not bad" He muttered. 

Just then mad footsteps stomped up the way and water splashed onto the fire. 

"Okay let's go!" The angry voice belonged to none other than the female mammoth who thought she was a possum. She was glaring up a storm- particularly at Manny over her shoulder. "We travel with you all day and now you're coming with us at night!" 

"But we can't see at night" Our leader protested timidly,

"Then enjoy the flood!!" My eyes widened in an instant as she then started stalking off. 

I whistled, shaking my head as I looked up at him, "You sure done messed up this time- what did you do? Tell her she was a mammoth?" 

Instead of a sarcastic remark to it or a 'Shut-up-Jade!' he muttered, "A misunderstanding..."

I furrowed my brows, opening my muzzle to speak when-

"I can't even look at him!" Eddie hissed. We looked back at the siblings to see the possums were on Ellie's back with their arms crossed and angry expressions on their faces. 

Just then Crash around and glared hard, "PERVERT!!" 

My jaw instantly dropped as he then made the gesture of "I got my eyes on you" before turning back around. All four of us looked at each other as if mentally asking each other if that just really happened before I voiced that out loud,

"Did... that just really happen?"

"If it isn't, then we're all in a bad dream." Diego replied, shaking his head, "Making friends wherever you go. Making friends" Sid threw his claw around with a smile before we got up and started to move.

--------------------------------

A foggy, rocky terrain had us all tumbling around and cautiously moving around in the next hour after the incident. While Diego and I took the lead, our fellow companions were behind us; Manny was trying to talk and walk with a still mad Ellie and Sid was walking with the possums. 

We got to lead the group since before even walking onto the area, Diego and I agreed to keep up on the front for we both knew the area had holes, protruding rocks and other obstacles hidden in the fog and if our friends miraculously forgot that (which we knew they would) we'd be able to warn them before they took a long fall down.

"You think water is down there?" I asked, gulping as I accidentally took a small peak through a gap in the fog and caught the drop down.

Diego said nothing but simply swallowed- his expression telling me all. "I agree..." I muttered softly before looking behind to see the mammoths made no process in smoothing things over.  I simply shook my head in response to it, "Bet you the next animal we chase, he said something that was taken totally out of context." 

Diego chuckled, "Oh really?" I nodded with a small hum and he shook his head with a smile. "You know for a saber afraid of heights and considering we're so high up- you're doing pretty good right now."