The Ice Cave Short-Cut

Everyone soon woke up and we began walking again. Diego had already woken up and went up ahead. Soon enough Manny, Sid and I spot him just as the saber came running to us, 

"Great news!" He exclaimed, with a grin, "I found a shortcut!" Gurgling and cooing, the baby slides off Manny's head but he catches him and puts him back on top with his trunk. 

"What do you mean shortcut?" The mammoth questions, raising a brow at the saber.

"I mean faster than the long way around," Diego explains, 

"Agh!!! I know what a shortcut is!!" Manny exclaimed as the mammoth tried to get the baby off as he pulled his eyelid. It was amusing though it looked painful for Manny. 

"Look either we slip through there and beat the humans to Glacier Pass, or we take the long way and miss them," Diego said. 

"Through there?" Manny asked once more, pointing to the cave up ahead.What do you take me for?" He raised a brow once more, unconvinced.

"This time tomorrow you can be a free mammoth" Diego stated, with a grin, "or a nanny. Personally, I never get tired of peek-a-boo." Just then Sid came by with two pieces of an ice cycle.

"Hey guys, check this out!" Then he places them both on either side of his neck, making it look like he was impaled as he walked by us. 

"Sid, the tiger found a shortcut" I alerted the sloth. Sid looked at the shortcut and noticed the snow piled on top of it 

"No thanks," He said, dropping the ice cycles. "I choose life" He tried to walk away but Diego gets in front of him.

"Then I suggest you take the shortcut" He growled, lowly.

"Are you threatening me?" Sid accused, pointing a claw in the saber's face as he narrowed his eyes. 

"Move sloth!!" Diego shouted. Thanks to him, the snow started to tumble down. 

Sid pats Diego's head as he said, "Way to go Tiger!" 

"Quick inside!!" Manny ordered, as the four of us ran inside the cave. We ran in only to see icicles hanging from the ceiling, ready to fall on top of us all. We then spun around and tried to run back to the entrance only to find it now blocked with snow. "Okay, I vote shortcut," Manny said, now facing the shortcut. 

"Ditto" I agreed, with a nod of my head. 

"Stay close" The saber said, "it's easy to get lost in here," He then began to lead the way and the three of us all followed him. Even though Diego was helping us get the little human home, I still couldn't shake the weird feeling I had whenever I saw him flick Scrat down the mountain. I hadn't said anything to anyone else so pretty much only I know about his weird action. 

Snapping out of my thoughts, I heard Sid's voice faintly call out, "Uh guys??" I turned my head and saw that he was nowhere in sight. That idiot sloth got himself lost! 

"Where's Sid?" I asked, making the two stop and look at me. 

"Probably found something," Diego said, simply shrugging. 

"He'll catch up soon enough" Manny added. I looked at the ground then sighed as we continued to walk. While we did so, I glanced around and looked the cave wall around us. I had never been in an ice cave and honestly. . . . it was a pretty cool sight. The sound of footsteps broke me out of my gazing and I turned my head to see Sid walking up to us. Guess Manny was right. 

"Will you keep up, please??" Manny asked, very annoyed. "Hard enough to keep track of one baby" We climb onto to one of the ice slides just to see the baby slide down it. He waves at us before disappearing out of sight. Eyes wide, we all let out screams then go to the edge where we saw him sliding down deeper into the cave. Before I even knew what I was doing, I jumped down the slide. 

"JADE!!" I heard the boys all scream for me though their voices got distant. I soon caught up with the baby, who screamed in joy, as we continued to slide down. Relieved he was alright, I began to whoop with him as we soon catch sight of Manny, Sid, and Diego who were sliding and screaming in fear. Soon enough we all got separated. I was with Manny, Diego was by himself and Sid with the baby. 

After jumping through a hole and landing on another slide, we were all reunited again as we saw the baby and Sid. Manny looked over and noticed that Diego was trying to get to the baby first. He went down, going faster. The said saber noticed and he went down lower to get to the baby first. 

Sid then landed in a snow pile and Manny caught the baby as Diego plowed into the snow pile too. Manny crashed into the snow pile too while I slide off near the pile of snow. The baby laughed at the mammoth and sloth, who had snow on top of their heads. Diego popped out the pile, excited as ever. 

"Yeah whoo!!" He cheered, giving Manny's shoulder a punch, "Who's up for round two??" When he noticed the look the two were throwing at him, he cleared his throat. 

"T-Tell the kid to be more careful," He said, quickly darting his eyes to the side. Once I was nearby and caught sight of the three, I immediately burst into laughter, making them look at me. 

"Had fun, you three?" I asked, laughing so hard that my stomach was now hurting. I picked up the baby and laughed harder as the three gave me dead-panned looks. "You know, you guys look good with snow on your heads" I commented, as the baby immediately went into a fit of laughter. Though they were giving us looks, smiles couldn't help but slightly show on their faces. Once the three boys shook the snow off, all three of us walked out of the ice cave.