Welp, We're Dead

"Sid, WHAT in the name of Ice Age are you doing?!!" 

"I'm jumping off the Eviscerator so I can earn everyone's respect!!" 

My eyes went wide, "RESPECT??! Do this and the only respect you'll get is respect from the dead!!!" To quickly sum up how and where, I had followed Sid's scent and footprints through the forest and up to the Eviscerator, the tallest ice wall ever made by nature, where the idiot was planning to jump.

"I have to do this, Jade!" He called to me.  I opened my muzzle to respond when instead we heard --

"Look!! Some idiots are goin' down the Eviscerator!!" I looked down and saw everyone looking up at us. Oh I'm soo going to get Sid after this.

"Jade ??!" Manny was looking up at me with wide eyes, Diego as well.

"What do you think you're doing?!" The saber called up to me. He then shook his head, muttering something before he shouted, "HOW  did you even get UP there?!?" 

"Well tracking and climbing, duh!!" I shouted down, "And for the other I'M TRYING TO SAVE HIM!"

"Okay!! I'm gonna jump on the count of three!!" We all looked at Sid, wide-eyed. That idiot is so not going to jump!! Not on my watch!!

"SID!! Don't MOVE a muscle!!" Manny called up to him, "JADE!! Make sure he doesn't move a speck from that spot!!"

"You think I'm not ALREADY?!!!?" I retorted, as the mammoth went off to the side. Diego had decided to linger behind a bit,

"We'll get you two down!!" He called up to me, giving me some sort of look before he went off to follow Manny. Once he was gone, I immediately took a couple of steps back before looking at Sid, who was looking below at the crowd as he counted down from 3.

"Sid, are you nuts??!" I called to him, "You are NOT going to do this! Even you know you aren't!"

"A-Am too!" He argued back in a stutter, trying to put on a brave face. Thinking about it now, I should've know Sid was too much of a scaredy-cat to do something THIS insane. Still, he was a part of my family so of course, I would become this worried about him possibly jumping off the tallest wall in the world.

 "SID!! Get down from there!!" Manny's voice brought me back to reality. 

"NO WAY!!" The sloth rebelled, "I'm gonna be the first to jump off the Eviscerator and you all will finally respect me!" 

"The only respect you'll get is respect from the dead !!" The stubborn mammoth shot at him. 

"Exactly what I said!!" I agreed, 

"Come on guys" Diego got our attention, "he can't be that stupid" He shook his head. Then the animal of our conversation frowned and turned around. My eyes went wide as my heart immediately skipped beats, speeding up in fear. "But I've been wrong before" The saber quickly added just as Sid jumped.

My heart had stopped just as Manny ran forward and caught him by his trunk, throwing the sloth back which made him go back too. They collided with Diego and he skidded across the ice, landing a few inches away. 

I immediately ran over to them, skidding to a halt once I was in front, "Are you guys okay??"

"We're fine." Manny said as he stood up and Sid fell down off him,

"Yeah, we're okay." Diego agreed as he also stood up. I sighed, shaking my head. 

"I swear you all are going to be the death of me, some day, especially you, Sid." I looked to the sloth with a dead-serious look in which I got a sheepish one in return. 

"Uhh Diego?" We looked back and saw a terrified Diego holding on for dear life on Manny's trunk, who the mammoth was nudging. "Retract the paws please" The saber's eyes went wide in realization before he released his claws and climbed down, apologizing with a cool demeanor.

"Wow! If I didn't know you better, I would have thought you were scared of the water" Sid teased him with a smile before Diego grabbed him by the back the neck with a dead, almost murderous look. "Good thing I know you better" The sloth wheezed out. I looked from them to Manny to see him looking out to the horizon. I joined him and gasped at what I saw.

"Guys...." Manny got our companions' attention, "Fast Tony was right... Everything is melting." Sid and Diego joined our side and saw what we were seeing. A huge ocean with tiny pieces of ice floating above. Above the silence, we heard a single crack. "It's all gonna flood..." The mammoth spoke our thoughts. "Come on we have to warn them." He backed away and began to walk down the way. I followed behind,

"Hmmm maybe we can rapidly evolve into water creatures" Sid muttered. I rolled my eyes.

"That's genius Sid," Diego commented sarcastically before following us.

"Call me Squid!" The sloth said as he then followed us down the Eviscerator. "This whole thing is a piece of junk. Can't beelieve I live here" He muttered before stomping on some thin ice. 

THUMP THUMP CRACK! The three of us look back at him. 

"What??" He asked before getting his answer. A low rumbling occurred just before the ice gave way and we all fell down. I don't remember the death ride but all I remember is my life flashing before my eyes then landing on top of Diego.

"Hey Diego... you dead?" I asked him,

"No... are you?"

"No" I climbed off him to end up tumbling onto the ground. "Never again," I said, shaking my head. The saber nodded his in agreement. Meanwhile, Manny tried to tell the other animals around that Fast Tony was right and that the world was gonna flood but they just laughed at him. With his effort alone, it looked like he wasn't going to convince them. I stood up and jumped up to a rock beside the mammoth,

"He's telling the truth! Since when has Manny EVER sided with Fast Tony??" Everyone immediately stopped laughing. "The flood is coming! All four of us went up there and saw it!!"  

"The saber's right." We froze and went stiff, hearing the voice, "Flood is real and it's coming, alright." We all looked up, seeing a vulture look down at us with a creepy look on his face. "Look around" He gestured his wing to the area, making us look around, "you're in a bowl... Bowl's gonna fill up... ain't no way out" 

"What are we gonna do??" Someone in the crowd asked as everyone gasped. 

"Unless you make it to the end of the valley." The vulture continued. "There's a boat, it can save you but y'all better hurry. Ground's melting, walls tumbling, rocks crumbling. Survive that and you'll be racing the water, cause in three days time, it's gonna hit the geyser fields... BOOM!!!" We all jumped a bit, as some screamed in fear. "There is some good news though...." He trailed off, looking at us a malicious smile came upon his beak. Everyone leaned in with hopeful gazes, "The more of you die, the better I eat..." Their faces fell as their eyes widen, a few being visibly pale. My heart stopped as I gulped in fear, "I didn't say it was good news for you." We then watched him fly off in full silence. No one said a word except Sid. 

"He must be a real pleasure in class" A crack was heard as a piece of the wall fell off. No one was an idiot, we all knew what THAT meant.

Then I voiced everyone's thoughts, "Welp, we're dead."