Night World: Runaway (Book 10)

Since i have fallen inlove with LJ Smith's Night World Series and i can't get enough of it... I've decided to make my own version of the continuation of the series with new characters and love teams.

THE NIGHT WORLD isn't a place. It's all around us. It's a secret society of  vampires, werewolves, witches, and other creatures of darkness that live among us.They're beautiful and deadlyand irresistible to humans. Your high schoolteacher could be one, and so could your boyfriend.

THE NIGHT WORLD laws say it's OK to hunt humans. It's OK to toy with their hearts, it's even OK to kill them. There are only two things you can't do with them.

1. Never let them find out the Night World exists.

2. Never fall in love with one of them.

These are stories about what happens when the rules get broken.

CHAPTER 1

It had been a very long and tiring night for Lea. The bar where she is working as a part time bartender had been crowded and very busy earlier. It was Friday night.

"Hey, are you alright?" a tap from her shoulder make her turn to see Lucas -her boss, the bar owner- beside her.

"I hope I can say yes... but I'm still alive don't worry," she smilled at him and glanced at her colleagues who are now standing right outside her bar counter.

Without even a hint of tiredness on their faces compare to her who looked like a girl who had been into a fight against a dozen of horses. Loose strands of her long brunette hair are all over her face, her black fitted jeans and black tube top are now wet-smelly-stained due to the spills of her liquor mixes earlier and she knows that her make up is now a disaster. She can't even stand straight or walk anymore because of her swelling feet inside her black leather boots.

Anyway, there's nothing surprising about that. Aside from the fact that she is the only female working in the bar, she is also the only human working there.

Vampires. All of them are vampires. Even her boss, Lucas.

"Hey Lea!" she heard Jackson, the black guy, dark-curly-haired vampire waiter called her. "Will you still be able to get us somethin' to drink?" then everyone laughed.

"Urgh!" Lea sighed and turned her back to get them glasses.

"She did great ealier," she heared them talking about her. "Yeah. We are actually coming up on a bet when is she gonna pass out," and everyone laughed.

"Come on guys, have some respect," she said coming back to the counter with the glasses. "I'm still here, can you just talk about me when I'm gone?"

"Shoot!" said Rake, the blond tall vampire guy.

"But you really did great," Lucas said who is now sitting on top of the bar counter.

She just smirked and poured the drinks on the glasses.

"Hold it guys," she said and raised a finger on the guys infront of her when they were about to complain on the drink "gin tonic for evryone, no more requests, no more complaints, no more question," then she drink her own shot " and I'm off to go," grabbed her coat and bag under the counter and walked away.

"You are going now?" asked Lance who is just about to enter the bar.

She just gave him a nod. "Bye guys!"

"Bye!" she heared them shouted back.

"You can take a day off tommorrow!" she heard Lucas shouted but she's just too tired to even answer.