Night World Series: Runaway Chapter 8

hey guys! and so... as promised, here's the next installment!

enjoy reading!

CHAPTER 8

Recap….

“Remember when I told you how we met?“ he asked referring to himself and Lea whom when he glanced back frowning and looked worried.

“Yah, she was attacked by a vampire and doesn’t remember anything from then.”

“Partly true,” said Lucas who gave Lea an assuring smile and so she nodded for him to go on.

“The night that she got attacked by a vampire wasn’t the first time we met.”

“What???” both Lea and Jethro was surprised by that revelation.

“What do you mean Lucas?” asked Lea, confused.

“Wait, I don’t understand this? You didn’t know?” asked Jethro frowning and looking more confused to Lea who just shook her head. “How far did you remember?”

“She knew only what I told her happened the night she was attacked, the same story that I told you.” Said Lucas.

“Tell me Lucas, what else do I need to know? How did we meet? When? Where?,” she is now beyond eager to know the truth.

“Couple of days before that night, I got invited to a Masquerade Ball of an old friend at a hotel in Las Vegas. There were two different functions going on that night at the same hotel. It was a birthday party of a certain Heather Flinch –“

“Heather Flinch?” asked Lea more to herself. It was like she heard the name before or sounded familiar.

“—and a Masquerade ball thrown for the Night World creatures held on the other side. I was in the foyer when I saw you walking down the hallway going to the birthday party. There was hardly anyone in the hallway except me that time as I think everyone is enjoying the ball and the party on your side. But it was just a few minutes when you went inside the party when I suddenly heard a commotion going on from the side of your party. I was about to go and check what was going on when somebody from behind me stubbed me with a wooden stick that thankfully missed my heart. I then stumbled into the floor and saw my so-called friend with that mighty grin on his face looking down at me and then ran off to the side of the party. I was lying there almost no-life when I saw an old lady dragging you out of the door through the hallway with I think your mom and dad running up behind you. It was as if your group was running away from something or someone, I don’t know.

You stopped a few feet away from me and they shout for you to go and keep on running, your mom hugged you and your dad. When you pulled apart, the old lady held your face and murmured something in your ears.”

“What did she said?” asked Jethro. Lea couldn’t speak; she was shaking with all the new information of hers from Lucas.

“It was like as if she was hypnotizing her or something, she said something like: ‘you are Althea Conrad, 15 years old, and you need to get away from this place as fast and as far as you could, never look back and never ever come back’ then she nodded and repeated the words few times before she was pushed to ran off.”

“Then?” Jethro asked when he became silent for a few second just looking at the crying lady in front of him. Lea looked up at him and motioned for him to continue.

“You ran away.” He said looking at Lea in the eyes.

“W-what happen to them?” she asked shaking.

They ran after you but I was inside and couldn’t see anything from there plus the fact that I was so weak and my senses were too weak too to help me hear or see things clearly but I was still able to hear them scream after a few minutes. I tried to help them, I swear, but I was in the situation that I couldn’t do anything.  It almost drained all my strength to drag myself to stand up and hide before anyone sees me or before my so-called friend came back to make sure I’m dead. I’m sorry Lea,” Lucas hugged her.