Chapter 31: The Drive In

September 28th, 2019.

Tia's POV.

Here we both were, watching the sunset at the beach, standing on a pier that you could walk, considering the fact that it's above the ocean. Every time we both looked at the sunset, they were vivid. This was an essence of encompassing people's presence. The sun light shined through, leaving kisses and yellow/orangish glow against our face like golden hours. We both praised for this sunset, since it had seemed to us that it was filled with prepossessing vibes, giving people smiles and compassion for the admiring view.

Tia: So how are you holding up with your sister?
Jacob: I feel like it's getting more worse for her.
Jacob: There are times where... she would have trouble breathing.
Jacob: We're trying our best to do everything for her so, that she could feel better and officially recover.
Tia: Well, that's very thoughtful of you guys.
Tia: I'm so sorry to hear about that. Your little sister is a strong girl. I know she'll get physically better soon.
Jacob: Thanks, Tia. That means a lot to me.
Tia: Here's some cash. I know it's not much, but it's the thought that counts and I would do anything for her to be okay soon, so please take it.
Jacob: Oh, no, please don't. You don't have to give me money. Me, my aunt, and our family members are doing everything we can to pay for her health.
Tia: Just take the money, Jacob. It's the best that I could do.
Tia: I don't want you or your family to continue suffering with spending a lot of money. I know it's a difficult process.
Jacob: I'm fine, Tia. Just-

I forcefully grabbed Jacob's wrist and put the extra cash that I had on top of his hand. I took out his wallet from his football, varsity jacket and placed the money within his hand from the inside of his wallet and closed it. After that, we went returned to walking. He didn't say anything as a response. I didn't expect him to. That hint of gratitude displayed on his face says enough for me.

Jacob: So how are you holding up with Ryan?
Tia: We broke up before school started.
Jacob: Yeah, I know, but do you still feel upset about it?
Tia: Yes, I do. I miss him.
Jacob: I know that he misses you too.
Jacob: What was your relationship like with him?
Tia: Passion. Love.
Tia: Maybe even lust and affection.
Tia: It's kind of complicated to explain.
Jacob: Well you can... try.
Tia: I loved how he kept holding on to me, even though there were times where we had our arguments.
Tia: We both couldn't handle the thought of giving up on each other because it seemed impossible for us.
Tia: But there are also times where I would feel like... I would hand him these type of stars to prove how much I love him, but he would just break my heart and tell me that they weren't bright enough.
Tia: It sounds stupid, I know.
Jacob: Hey, no... it doesn't. Don't say that.
Jacob: Okay fine, I'm not gonna lie, it kinda does, but so what? Everything is stupid.
Tia: Does that include you?
Jacob: Real mature, Tia.
Jacob: I advise you to give him some time. He'll probably come back to you.
Jacob: And if he doesn't, then he's a fool for giving up on someone like you.
Tia: You think so?
Jacob: I believe so.

His mouth curved into a smile as he showed me to have some hope and positivity in myself. I smiled back at him for making me feel happy with caring and considerate words he said to me that he was being honest about. We both looked back at the sunset just like before. I suddenly felt his right pinkie knotting into my left pinkie as I began to feel an electricity run down through my spine, causing me to feel nervous, but a bit flustered too. I felt a lusty, fire form upon my cheeks. I wondered why I was being so awkward about this. It almost felt the way Ryan touched me, but I guess a different description with a different person. I'm not really good with words that involves with how I feel. I'm that type of person who is inexperienced at explaining, but has full conscious of knowing what I feel. I can't put it into specific words. Maybe one day I will be able to.