34 | f̶o̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶,̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶

Jeongguk ends up sleeping through the evening and night. A dreamless sleep, which the boy has never believed he would be so relieved to have. He wakes up gradually. Eyelids not wanting to be peeled apart, to welcome daylight when being unconscious sounded much more pleasant than enduring the headaches and their accompanying anxiety.

It seems to have passed. Once he blinks and becomes better adjusted to his surroundings, Jeongguk quickly acknowledges the lack of pain that had inflicted him so severely yesterday. There's but a faint scratching in the back of his head. But no unbearable, throbbing ache.

Propping himself up, the boy glances over the side of his bed to find Taehyung sleeping on the floor, Jeongguk's Pokémon blanket draped over his entire body, save his head and one leg which sticks out and pokes the door with his bare foot. Jeongguk feels guilty at first for his friend having to sleep there, but at the same time, judging by his snoring, the boy managed to fall into a deep sleep anyway.

Jeongguk is grateful for that much.

After silently laughing at the drool slipping out the side of Taehyung's mouth, Jeongguk tosses off his own blankets to get out of bed. Not a second later his friend stirs awake.

But not before snoring loudly one last time.

"I can't believe I managed to sleep through that."

"Hm?" Dazed, Taehyung slowly props himself up on his elbow, then sits up fully. He tousles his bedhead. "Oh, Guk. You're here, too?"

"This is my house, Tae."

"Oh." The boy looks down at his blanket. "Oh, right. I borrowed this. Did you want it?"

"I had blankets, Tae, it's fine."

"Did you sleep good?"

"It was alright. You?"

"Dude, I dreamt I was, like, hungry beyond belief and searched days for food and never found any, and now I'm starving."

Jeongguk rolls his eyes but chuckles under his breath. "You can go downstairs for something to eat," he says. "I'll be down soon."

"Yeah?" Taehyung's eyebrows shoot up. "You got an appetite to eat, too?"

"I think so."

"Good." The boy's mood seems to perk instantly and he jumps to his feet. "Hurry downstairs then or I'll eat all the Cheerios. Or I can bring you something if it bothers your head to move."

"I'll be down. Don't worry."

With that, Taehyung exits the room, and soon Jeongguk can hear him humming a happy little tune as he makes his way down the stairs. Meanwhile Jeongguk simply takes the moment to breathe. Deeply, steadily. Again, compared to last night's waking nightmare, he feels brand new. And he can't put into words how relieved that makes him feel. Still sitting in the same position on his bed, legs draped over the side, he scans the room just for the sake of doing so. He lays eyes on his phone plugged into its charger and an untouched cup of hot tea on his dresser. Next to that, he sees two small objects he doesn't recognize.

Gingerly Jeongguk gets to his feet and takes a step closer to his dresser. He sees the objects clearer now.

Two small crochet figurines - one of a Pikachu, the other of a Pokéball. He takes both in hand curiously.

Did Tae leave these here?

Balancing them in his palm carefully, Jeongguk exits his room and heads downstairs, then right into the kitchen where he finds Taehyung sitting at the table with Hyungi.