24 | a cry for help

The first weekend of summer break is, sadly, expected to have terrible weather, meaning most outdoor plans Jeongguk or his friends may want to schedule will have to be rescheduled. It doesn't bother him much. Rather, it gives Jeongguk time to do other things, to do some odd jobs, make a little extra money, or just sit around playing guitar.

Of course, he'd much rather be hanging out at the beach with Taehyung and Yoongi and Hoseok and maybe even Jimin and some other guys right now, but he's not childish enough to go in the corner and pout about the skies being cloudy and full of rain.

Right now, it's not raining, though. But it's clearly going to. Middle of the evening, window open just a crack to let the cool breeze drift into his bedroom, Jeongguk sits on his bed, practicing chords and wondering if he should learn a new song. He texted Taehyung not long ago. The boy in question, again, claimed to be under "cruel and unusual punishment," as his father requested assistance in the kitchen. Quite a project, it would seem. And being the only and eldest son Taehyung was doomed from the start.

That being said, at the moment Jeongguk is pretty bored. Earlier today he mowed lawns for his neighbors and walked dogs, the latter of which he thoroughly enjoyed, but now he's almost wishing there were more dogs to walk. Or lawns to mow. But preferably dogs.

Sighing, Jeongguk sets his guitar down in front of him. His gaze travels, lazily as it can, over to his phone which sits on his night stand. He reaches over to grab it.

Yoongi texted him.

-

Yoongi
f

Yoongi
sorry i meant to send that to taetae

Yoongi
*tae

Yoongi
deleting myself goodbye

me
call him taetae i double dare you

Yoongi
user not found

me
this isn't social media nice try (*゚▽゚*)

-

He chuckles at his friend, pressing the top corner of his screen to view his other text conversations. Jimin hasn't responded to the hey, how are you? message Jeongguk sent about an hour ago. The boy hasn't seen it yet, either, making Jeongguk assume he's busy or just hasn't gotten around to it. Which he can understand. But he's bored, so he wishes Jimin weren't busy.

"Can't be helped," he says aloud, falling back on his pillows. He stares at the ceiling mindlessly. Thoughtlessly.

His head hurts a little. Just a minor headache, nothing particularly bothersome, but it's still there.

Maybe a nap would help, he thinks. And, with not much else to do, Jeongguk falls asleep.

He awakes roughly a half hour later. By then, Jeongguk's mother calls him for dinner, so he heads downstairs to eat with his family, helps clean up afterwards, and is upstairs in his room again before long.

He finds his guitar still on his bed. Not feeling motivated to play it, he carefully places the instrument back in its case, which he then leans against his dresser.

It hasn't started raining yet. But it will. Jeongguk knows it will, but till then he likes to keep the window open.

He sits on his bed and checks his phone.

Four unread messages from Jimin and a missed call.

"He called??"

Almost in a panic, Jeongguk opens the messages.