intro | so everyone's gay now, apparently

No one really expected anything out of the ordinary to happen on a Monday morning. It's just a Monday, what happens on Mondays, anyway? The school week starts, 90% of both the students and teachers are noticeably, expressively miserable, save that strange 10% who nobody accepts as human.

Just a Monday.

A normal Monday, the students filing in to their classrooms, some earlier than others but all for the same reason, naturally.

No one expected this average Monday to be the day Jeon Jeongguk came out as gay.

Jeon Jeongguk, a name everyone at his school recognizes as the visually stunning, outrageously athletic goofball that draws attention wherever he goes, whether he asks for it or not. Such a cliche term, but Jeongguk is, in simplest terms, the popular kid.

Being the outgoing, somewhat "filterless" boy that he is, Jeongguk showed no tentativeness in his confession or even told his friends in a roundabout manner.

That Monday morning, he walked into his classroom, started a conversation with a few of his close friends, and said oh-so-casually:

"Oh, by the way, I'm gay."

And that brings us to the current situation.

"Oh, you, too, Guk? I had no idea."

"I was scared to come out. I feel a lot more confident now. I'm gay, too, bro."

"Hey, Jeongguk, I heard you were gay. Never would have guessed. Can I tell a secret? Saaaaame."

"Dude, you're my idol, my inspiration. I finally have the guts to tell my friends."

"I should have known you were gay. We have so much in common."

It caused such a commotion, no classes that day could come close to remaining silent. Not that such a thing ever really happened, but thanks to Jeongguk the teachers had even more stressful a time striving to modulate the classrooms' volume. Sadly for them, however, none of the teachers could blame Jeongguk or get him in trouble for it - after all, it wasn't his fault, he didn't ask for the commotion to happen, nor could he have known it would happen.

But it happened. And now, it seems there are more homosexual boys in Sacheon High School than straight ones. No one knows for sure, it could be an exaggeration, but it's certainly a considerable difference than before - before Jeongguk came out, when among the few known gay boys in the school was the openly gay Park Jimin.

Quiet, introverted Jimin, with his oversized sweatshirts always swallowing his figure, Jimin, only ever seen with his one friend, the bubbly, sunny-smiled Jung Hoseok.

That Jimin. The same Jimin who caught Jeongguk's eye one day in the hall. Monday morning. Less than an hour before the "coming out" fiasco.

Coincidence? Maybe. Jeongguk chose not to think much of it at the time. It was a brief occurrence.

To set the scene, Jeongguk was walking down the hallway, prepared to retrieve books from his locker, and happened to spot Jimin doing the same, humming softly to himself, most likely to whatever music he had playing on his headphones. The softest smile rested on the boy's round face.

And Jeongguk experienced a sensation in his chest that made him say to himself:

Hey, heart, that was a very not-heterosexual thing for you to do right there. Is this why you're always acting up when I watch sports animes? I understand.

And that's what spurred on his confession that Monday morning. Because Jeongguk was never someone who cared for secrets, nor what people thought of him, so he went ahead and told people without batting an eye.

His best friend suspected it. Kim Taehyung, who Jeongguk had a feeling was also gay, but refused to accept it, despite his frequent, extremely homosexual comments towards that close friend of Jimin's.

His reaction to Jeongguk's confession was strange, but not surprising.

"Haha, that's gay."

"Tae, that's the point-"

"Gaaaaaaaaayyyyy. So you'd totally be down with kissing a dude, then, yeah?"

"Again, that's the point..."

"Wild."

All in all, some might say Jeongguk's coming out made him even more popular - disappointing to the girls who had been crushing on him, of course, but a surprising amount of them respected him, and some even developed a greater interest to be friends with the boy since they knew they wouldn't be able to date him now.

Nevertheless, with the unpredictable positivity Jeongguk received that Monday morning and throughout the entirety of the day, not a word was spoken, not a glance was made by that oversized-sweatshirt-wearing Park Jimin.

Jeongguk was dumb enough, brave enough, interested enough to look for a better reaction from the boy, despite that boy's lack of interest.

And so began Jeongguk's pursuit of Jimin.