1

On each persons wrist, there's a clock. It's more of a semi-permanent watch. It counts down the years, weeks, days, hours, minutes, and seconds until you meet your soul mate. Most have a single soul mate, some have more than one, some have none.
It's all part of life. It's wild and unpredictable. And sometimes it's scary. Anxiety inducing even. Enough to give some panic attacks.
Some look forward to it. It's the first thing they look at in the morning, and the last they look at before bed. They daydream about their souls mate(s) as soon as they can understand what their clock is.
And some just don't care. Their clock doesn't affect them. They believe that their soulmate will come when they come. That the clock doesn't define when they'll meet their person.
Raine was the first type. She was so anxious about everything all the time. Especially her clocks. That's right, she has three clocks, two on her right arm and one on her left. You'd think that would make her happy, and it did. But it made her more anxious.
James was the second type. Though he looked intimidating. He was constantly excited about his clock. Looking at the sleek silver and yellow clock every chance he got. And it counted down, with quiet little tics, and one small chime at the end of each day.
Archer was the third option. They didn't much care for their clock. They kept it covered but they secretly loved the little tics. And Archer couldn't wait to make somebody happy. Their love.
And Noah? Noah was a whole different ball park.
You see, these four were connected, they were soulmates. But raine? She was gonna be their baby. James, Noah and Archer were caregivers. None knew the other, not until their clocks fell off and got replaced with their tattoos.
The constant tics were only able to be heard by you and your soulmate(s). Otherwise you'd never hear your own tics. And you'd never hear your own chimes.
Now, Raine was soft. Delicate per say, and she loved masculine and feminine things. The color blue, space, dinos, blocks. Dresses, skirts, dolls, teddies. She was a regressor.
James was a rather soft caregiver. Soft by nature and loved to baby. He wanted His soulmate to be his entire world and more. And he knew that's how he would treat his baby.
Archer was a strict caregiver. Rules and punishments. But don't think that's all they are. They're soft usually, only strict when need be. But that doesn't mean they were mean, it just meant they wanted their little in line.
Noah was simple, yet complex. She drifted from strict to soft. But she would love and cherish her baby.
They were all perfect for one another. Absolutely perfect.