Book Two-chapter twelve

Day with Erebus and Nyx

Percy's POV:

I woke up dangling over someone's shoulder.

"Aeth? Hemera" I asked dazed and confused.

"Wrong,try again," said a famailar voice.

"Erebus why am I over your shoulder?"

"Well brother,me and Nyx heard what was happening but we decided we wanted to share our day,"Erebus answered.

"Okay but that doesn't really answer my question. Why am I over your shoulder? I  can walk"

"You can also fly," he replied cockily. I decided to ignore him and look around. I noticed our surrounding immediantly, we were at the castle;my home.

"Erebus why have you brought me home?" I asked confused. He dropped me and I glared at him playfully.

"To save you," he said seriously and then opened the door. I gasped but then grinned. I cleared !y throat and they all turned to look at us.

"DADDY!" Roxie,Axel,Louis and Harry sqeauled jumping on me whilst Liam and Sally laughed from Nyx's arms. Once they jumped down I went and picked up Liam and Sally and sat on a chair with the rest of my children at my feet. Erebus and Nyx sat on the floor beside me.

"Daddy,where's mummy?" Louis asked.

"She's still with the squad," I told them. They had grown up surrounded by the sqaud and their children,we were family. At this point I was aware of the Iris message that had appeared. I sighed in defeat, could they not leave me alone? I didn't get rid of it though, Bianca deserved to see the children.

"Why are you here?" Axel asked worried. It wasn't often I came home during a mission.

"Well your uncle Erebus and auntie Nyx thought that we could spend the day together," I explained to them.

"Yay!" Roxie,Axel,Louis and Harry sqeauled and ran outside with Erebus and Nyx.

"Mumma," Liam said. It was his first word.

"You spoke! You actually spoke!" I cheered whilst spinning around and kissing him. He and Sally giggled. I chuckled and clipped them into their prams.

"Mumma will be here soon," I whispered to them as I pushed them outside to where everyone was.

**********

Today was amazing, I never usually get to spend the day with them as I always had work. Sadly, it was time to say goodbye.

"Daddy!" Harry yelled jumping into my arms. I chuckled as I caught him.

"Hey buddy,what's up?"

"Are you leaving?" he asked on the verge of tears.

"Only for a little while," I frowned, the never usually got upset when I left.

"Okay daddy," he said while a tear fell down his cheek which made me want to cry. Roxie,Axel and Louis ran over but slowed when they seen Harry.

"You're leaving, aren't you?" Roxie whispered sadly. I didn't understand.

"Guys, what's the matter? You're never this sad when I leave," I asked them. They looked at each other and nodded in silent agreement before turning back to me.

"Mummy tells us that we have to be brave and that we have to understand that you're saving people. But sometimes we don't want you to," Axel said.

"Are you always like this when I leave?" I asked shocked.

"Yes," Roxie whispered.

"Omg," I barely whispered almost falling to my knees. Knowing that I had caused my kids sadness is worst than torture. " Why didn't you tell me?"

"No daddy. You need to be the hero and save people and not worry about us. We are brave." Louis said as he began crying. This time, I did fall to my knees. I opened my arms and Roxie,Axel and Louis ran into them whilst Hard held on harder.

"I'm so sorry, I never knee," I said beginning to cry. It may seem pathetic for a supposed hero to be crying but this was heart breaking. " I promise, I won't leave,ever again." I promised. Roxie stepped back followed by Axel,Louis and Harry.

"No daddy," Roxie said fiercely.

"No?" I repeated surprised.

"We never got to meet grandma or auntie Ali," Harry began," you have to save them so we can meet them," Louis nodded in agreement.

"Can you promise me something daddy?" Roxie whispered.

"Anything," I said confidently.

"Please don't hurt auntie Gaia," she said. These kids are seriously way too intelligent.

"Never," I whispered," i'm still going to keep my promise, this will be my last job,ever."

"Dadda?" Liam gurgled from his pram beside us.

"Yes baby, its dadda," I soothed.

"Can you stay here tonight daddy? Please?" Axel practically begged.

"Of course, go get ready for bed," I told them and they ran inside. I stood up and turned around to see Erebus and Nyx.

"Thank you so much," I told them, embracing them.

"Your welcome brother," Erebus said sincerely.

"We love you," Nyx said happily, which is odd for her.

"I love you too," I replied and they flashed out. I walked up to the Iris message.

"I know you don't understand Bee but please be patient with me, I love you and the kids love you. My sqaudron;be safe," I said and wiped it away. I grabbed Sally and Liam's prams and walked inside.

Sorry for any spelling/grammer mistakes.