Chapter 63 - Wedding day

In typical mom style as soon as we told her what we had planned she made everything come together in just one week. I suppose it was helpful that I didn't want something as big as Lane and Shay's wedding.

Zay and I are very simple and that's exactly what we wanted for our wedding. There would be no formal reception, just an early afternoon wedding where we'll be married in front of our family and friends and cocktail foods would be bought around on trays by the wait staff.

Mom convinced us we at least need have to have a wedding cake so we agreed to that, but as for everything else, simple is the key.

I make my way out of my childhood bedroom and down the stairs. All of my family are here and currently they're all sitting around the table eating breakfast.

"Good morning." I smile

"Good morning honey, how are you feeling?"

"Good." I nod "I'm ready to officially become Mrs Cameron."

"Oh sweetheart." Grandma stands up and gives me a hug "look at you, you're glowing, you're not pregnant, are you?"

"Oh Evana." Grandad huffs "stop that."

"Did you bring that nice dress you sent me the picture of?" I change the subject quickly.

"I sure did." She gives me a smile

I watch Grandma and grandad for a moment until now I've never taken the time to realise how old they're becoming, of course they are both in their eights now, but I can't help thinking this is all happening for a reason, that I'm getting married today for a reason, I'm pregnant so young for a reason, they're here for a reason, feeling tears welling in my eyes, I blink them away. I make my way over and give them both a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "I love you both so much, thank-you so much for coming."

♥️

After breakfast with the family I make my way upstairs to get ready for the wedding. Last night Zay stayed at Frankie and Sara's place, so I won't be seeing him until the wedding.

I opt to do my own hair and make-up with the assistance of my bridesmaids Shay and P.

"Are you nervous?" P questions as she makes a start on my hair.

"No, what's there to be nervous about?" I laugh

"I don't know, most people just get nervous, did you S?"

"A little." Shay shrugs "I think I was just worried I was going to fall on my face in front of everyone." She laughs as she makes a start on my make-up

"Well thank-you for putting that idea in my head." I laugh.

"Sorry." She grins

♥️

It takes a little while for the girls to get my hair and makeup how they want it, but eventually, it all comes together. After they're done, they help me into my dress.

My wedding dress is very simple but that's the look I was going for, I didn't see the need to spend thousands of dollars on a dress I'd wear once.

I make my way over to the window and stare out watching my family in the backyard, I'm so thankful to have them all here.

"Hey sweetheart." Dad speaks as he enters the room.

"Hi dad." I smile as I turn around and come back to face with him. He is dressed in a black tux and he looks as handsome as ever.

"You scrub up well." I grin.

"As do you." He smiles as he takes a step closer and pulls me into his arms, giving me a hug. "I am so proud of you."