Chapter 30 - Principals office

Amity's POV:

"Amity, your phones ringing." Zay calls from the other side of the workshop.

I make my way over and pick it up, checking the caller I.D "Oh, it's the school."

"Hello Amity speaking." I answer the phone.

"Mrs Raven its Principal Addson calling, there has been a situation involving your daughter and another student this morning, we're going to need you to come in."

"What kind of situation, and what student?" I ask panicked "Is she okay?"

"Involving Tyler Bradley, and she's okay. The police are on the way."

"I'll be right there." I hang up. "Austin, look after the shop, Zay and I need to get to the school." I yell.

"Okay." Austin yells back from out the back.

"Everything okay?" Zay asks worried.

"Charlie and Tyler have gotten into some kind situation at the school. We'll take my car, I'll call Chet on the way."

We arrive at the school around twenty minutes later and Chet is already out the front waiting for us.

"They didn't tell you anything at all?" Chet asks as he wraps his arm around me.

"Nothing." I shake my head

We enter the building other and make our way down the principal's office, it's a place we know well and not because of Charlie, but because of Lane, while he was attending school here, we'd be called into the office at least once a week for fighting.

"We're here to see Mr Addson." I tell the woman working behind the desk.

"He's expecting you, go right in."

I knock once on the door before pushing it open. Charlie and Tyler are both sitting in the room across from each other with Mr Addson in the middle of the two of them.

"You know my daughter has an AVO in place against Tyler Bradley don't you Addson?" Chet asks in a pissed off tone.

"Yes." He nods.

"Then what the hell are they doing in the same room?" He snaps.

"Take a seat Mr Raven." Principal Addson huffs.

"Are you okay baby?" My mom asks as she sits down next to me and takes my hand.

It's only a moment later the door opens again and Officer Bradley enters the room.

"Now that we're all here." Addson begins. "Charlie and Tyler where caught fighting in the halls this morning, it would appear that Miss Raven assaulted Mr Bradley."

"Excuse me?" I scoff "Charlie assaulted Tyler? That's new."

"Yes." Addson nods his head. "I have the images if you'd like to see."

Charlies POV:

I feel horrible, everyone that means something to me is in this room and they all seem shocked to find me in one piece. I guess everything with Tyler affected them more than I thought it did.

"I did, I threw the first punch." I admit with a shrug "But your images don't tell the entire story Principal Addson. Tyler isn't allowed to be near me but he came near me and no one else was around so I protected myself."

"See I'm innocent, Charlie is a psycho." Tyler says with a smug look on his face. "You owe me a new phone as well."

I stand up and push the chair in, of course it's going to go Tyler way it always does. "You want the truth, he came near me when it isn't allowed, he made rude comments about the south side so I punched him in the face and I'd do it again." I say proudly.