Chapter 3 - Friend

Charlie's POV:

"Mom, dad are you home?" I yell as I walk through the front door placing my bag on the floor.

"In here sweetheart." My father calls from his office.

I make my way down the hall and into his office where I find him sorting through some paperwork on his desk. "Hi dad." I smile happily.

"Afternoon sweetheart." He stands up from his desk and makes his way over giving me a hug. "How was your last day of school?"

"It was good, great actually." I pull back from the hug and smile at him.

"You're just saying that because it was the last day and now you have six weeks free to annoy me." He laughs and sits back down at his desk.

"Is mom home yet?" I question quickly.

"No, she and Austin are sorting some things at the garage but she'll be home in about an hour with dinner."

"Okay, I'll go and shower and set the table before she arrives." I skip out the door.

"What the fuck is she so happy about?" My older brother Lane asks as he walks into dad's office past me.

"Holidays I assume." My father responds.

I make my way out past the living room in an attempt to reach my bedroom when I hear Shay speak from behind me. "Not so fast." She calls.

I turn to face her she stands up walking over to me "Who the hell was that snack dropping you off this afternoon?" She grins.

"Uh, a-a friend?" I mumble out as if a question, then realization hits me. "Wait you saw us?" I almost yell.

"Shhh!" She hushes me quickly. "Yes, I saw, but don't worry I didn't say anything to anyone." She grins. "I have to ask though, what would Tyler say if he saw you with another guy? Not that I like him or care for his feelings." she shrugs.

"Uh, about that." I look down at my feet. "Shay, d-do you think I could talk to you about something?"

"Of course." She nods. "Let's head up to your room.

I spent the afternoon in my room with Shay and explained to her what had been happening with Tyler and I, or more so what has been happening to me at the hands of Tyler. I also explained how I'd accidentally met Zayd today and how kind he was, not even realizing I was completely gushing over him.

"Okay first of all." She takes a deep breath. "You need to tell your parents about Tyler. I wouldn't tell Lane though because you know what he's like, he'll lose his temper and beat him to death or something." She shrugs. "And you need to stay away from Tyler, don't have any more contact with him what so ever, block his number, whatever you need to do."

"I know." I nod "Zay told me the same thing, I need to tell mom and dad." I sigh.

"I like Zay already." She smiles happily at me. "And not only because you're completely gushing and I haven't seen you this happy in months, or because he is a total snack, but because he seems like he has given the right advice."

"Girls dinner!" My mother yells from downstairs.

"Shoot, I told dad I'd set the table." I jump up and head for the door.

"Charlie." Shay calls after me. "Don't leave it to long to tell them, or I'll have to."

I nod my head in response and we both head downstairs.

Once we reach the table Shay takes her seat next to Lane and I sit next to my mother. "Sorry about the table, we got talking," I tell her.

"It's fine honey, you can make up for it by doing the dishes." She laughs.