Chapter 50 - Christmas

Charlie's POV:

Three weeks have passed since Zay and I's engagement and it's safe to say we're still very loved up, more so than ever. So far we've managed to hide our little secret from everyone else in the family but that all changes today, because it's Christmas day.

We choose to spend the night at Mom and Dad's place last night just like I have my entire life. Lane, Shay and Easton spent the night as well, it's our tradition, well minus Easton as it's his first Christmas which we are all super excited about.

I wake like with a huge grin on my face, literally like a child on Christmas morning. "Zay," I shake him softly. "Zay wake up, it's Christmas." I shake him again.

Groaning he rolls over and looks at the time. "Princess it's 4 am, go back to sleep."

"But Zay." I pout. "It's Christmas, Santa's been."

"Really baby?" He laughs. "Santa?"

"What?" You don't believe in Santa?" I place my hands on my hips as I sit cross legged on the bed.

"No Princess, I don't." He laughs.

"If you don't believe you don't receive so it looks like you get nothing." I giggle and jump out of bed.

There is a soft knock on the door and I open it to find Lane standing there dressed and ready to go. "Ready?" He asks just as excited as me.

"Ready." I nod.

Laughing we run down the hallway to Mom and Dad's room and push the bedroom door open. "MOM, DAD, WAKE UP!" we both yell as we jump on the bed.

I know what you're thinking, we're eighteen and twenty years old, aren't we a little old for this? The answer is no. This is Lane and I's tradition and has been since I could walk and talk. This may very well be the last year we have together to do this, so I want to act like a kid just once more with my brother.

Everything is changing so quickly for the both of us. Lane has his own family now and even though he'll always see us on Christmas things become different when you have your own family.

Soon he won't stay here anymore, he'll have Christmas with his wife and children, and he'll share in the excitement with them like we've done together growing up.

It's the same for Zay and I, eventually we'll have our own children to wake up to, jumping on our bed and begging us to wake up.

"Fuck sake." Dad groans as he rolls over. "I'm so glad this is my last year of this bullshit." He says in a sleepy voice.

"Oh Chet." Mom slaps his arm "You don't mean that." She pulls us into a hug. "Merry Christmas my babies."

"Merry Christmas Mom."

I jump on dads back, making sure to put all my body weight onto him and laugh. "Merry Christmas dad."

"Ugh," He groans in annoyance.

"You sure you want to marry into this family?" Shay asks Zay as they stand int he doorway watching us

"More than ever." He says with a huge smile on his face.

Turning to them I grin. "Bring it in then family." I hold my arms out to them.

"Stacks on dad!" Lane yells

We spend the morning opening our presents together in the living room, every single one of us was beyond spoilt. The boys mostly got clothing, cologne, and some gift cards, us girls were the same, perfume, gift cards, and jewelry.