Chapter 25 - Teach me

Charlie's POV:

I know what you're thinking I'm the daughter of a mafia leader shouldn't I have already been taught how to protect and defend myself? Truth is I have been, but I was never interested in learning.

When I was growing up Dad and Lane would always offer for me to join them in training but I never wanted to. Mom taught me a few things and she's one tough chick to say the least, but still it was never my thing and they didn't want to force me into doing something I didn't want to do.

"Are you ready yet? Zay asks with a grin as he enters the bedroom once again dressed in his gym gear.

"Can't I have just, I don't know, an hour?" I giggle up at him.

"Nope." He leans down and pulls the sheets off my naked body. "Up."

"I'll take it worth your while." I flirt playfully.

"Are you flirting with your teacher Miss Raven."

"What it be such a bad thing Sir?" I smirk up at him.

"Up now, before I change my mind."

I step out of bed with a pout and un-zip my overnight bag. "What should I wear?"

"Sweats princess, it isn't a fashion parade." He rolls his eyes playfully.

"I didn't bring any." I shrug.

"Here then." He throws a sleeveless hoodie at me. "It might be a little big but it will do."

I nod my head and pull my tights from my bag and hold the hoodie up, checking it out. "It's not horrible." I shrug.

"Again, not a fashion statement." He laughs.

After a quick shower I change and head off to the gym. Once we arrive, we walk in side by side.

"Good morning Zay, I was starting to think you weren't coming." The pretty girl behind the counter flirts. Then she notices me. "Who's this?"

"This is Charlie, we're going to do some training together."

"Oh? I didn't know you were open for personal training again, why didn't you tell me?" She pouts.

"I'm not." He shrugs "Char is a friend of mine."

Really? Friend? If I could huff out loud right now I would. Who is this stupid girl and why are they flirting right in front of me? I sigh softly, quietly, only loud enough for me to hear. Deep down I know it's not the pretty girl's fault, it's my own insecurities once more.

"Charlie?" Zay waves his hand in front of my face.

"Sorry, what?" I ask looking up at him.

"Are you ready?"

"Yeah of course." I nod and follow behind him as we enter the gym.

"Alright, so." Zay begins as we walk around the area.

As we walk, he points out the difference types of equipment and what it's best for physically, legs, arms, chest. The gym has a pool and a sauna as well, so he shows me those as well.

After being shown everything, we make our way back over to the doors and he pushes one open that we hadn't entered before.

"This is where we'll be today."

I enter the room, a huge boxing ring set up on the middle. Currently two men are in the middle boxing one another. It's intense but they look like they're having fun and with each hit, you can see every single muscle in their arms flex.