Chapter 47 - Last names

Zay's POV:

"This is my favourite picture ever." Charlie gushes as she flips her phone around and shows me an image of her and I dancing at the wedding last night.

Her arm is snaked around my body resting on the back on my head as she pulls me close and mine around her lower back as she places a soft kiss on the side of my neck.

"That's a good one." I agree.

It's a month today until Charlie moves to New York and I'm struggling with the idea more than I thought I would. I have all these worrying thoughts running through my mind, is she safe there? What happens if someone from a rival gang finds out she's there? After all she won't be on her own turf anymore, should she even be going? Maybe I should just go with her.

I sigh softly and stand up making my way over the window and stare out for a moment.

"Zay." She whispers as she places her hand on my arm. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine Princess, just thinking."

"About?" She questions looking up at me, sadness filling her eyes.

"Your safety in New York." I tell her honestly. "I know you can protect yourself, but you're going onto someone else's tuft what if they come after you?"

"Maybe we should talk to dad?" She nods in agreeance.

As soon as Chet arrives home, we make our way into his office and I explain the worries currently filling my head.

"You could be right." Chet nods. "I've had similar worries but I didn't want to bring it up and scare anyone. She'll have Avery and Ezra as well as her cousin Emery to look out for her, he'll also be at the same college, but does she need more." He thinks out loud

"What if I go to college under a different name?" She questions. "I mean it's easy for Emery he has his dads last name so he doesn't have to worry about people connecting the Raven or Logan name."

"True." Dad nods. "That could work, we'll make you a new ID and I'll speak to school about changing your name as well, I'll tell them it's for some kind of protection." He opens his laptop and takes a seat. "What do you want your new last name to be?" He questions Charlie.

"Cameron." I speak.

Chet raises a brow as he looks at me.

"Well why not?" I shrug now feeling stupid for speaking up so quickly.

"No reason." Chet shrugs and looks back at Charlie. "So?"

"I think Cameron is perfect." She slides her hand into mine.

"Alright Charlie Cameron, let me do my thing, go and find something to do with yourselves." He nods towards the door.

Charlie Cameron, I could get used to hearing that.

We exit the office and make our way back to Charlie's room. "You were very quick to offer your last name" She smiles as she sits down on her bed.

"I figured you'd be my wife soon enough, why not use the last name now."

"You're Sweet Zay, you know that?" She takes my hand and pulls me down into the bed with her.

Laying down next to her I pull her into my arms and kiss the top of her head softly. "Do you want to go out for dinner tonight?"

"Sure." She snuggles into me.

"In that case maybe you should call P and see if she wants to go shopping so you can buy something new." I suggest.