Chapter 36 - An out

"So, your boyfriend gets to move in, but Shay and I got told to go and find our own house?" Lane asks with a smirk on his face.

Turning to him I smile. "That's because I'm the favourite and they love Zay more then they love you."

"It's because he isn't moving in, and you're having a baby." Dad crossed his arms over his chest with a grin on his face. "Don't get to attached Charlie, Zay isn't living here forever." He reminds me.

"I know." I shrug "I just like messing with your dumb son." I giggle as I make my way up the stairs.

I head up the stairs and down to the spare room where Zay is all set up for as long as he needs to recover, sure we're going to sleep together every night anyway, but it's still nice for him to have his own space, especially when he's resting and I'm studying.

On my way down the hall Lane's bedroom door opens and Shay gives me a soft smile "Hey."

"Hey." I smile back.

Shay and I haven't had much a chance to talk since the whole argument went down, she said sorry at school but I haven't seen her since then, I've been too busy looking after Zay and keeping on top of my studies.

"I guess we're not going back to school anytime soon?" She asks

"Nope." I shrug "And to be honest I don't mind I'd rather not be there and study from home."

"I want to go back, I'm sick of being cooped up in this damn house."

"They're only doing it to keep you safe." I shrug

"Yeah well I'm sick of having Lane hold my hand if I so much as need to walk out the front door."

"I know it's frustrating right now, but this is the life you've chosen Shay, you've known Lane was going to take over the Cobras since we could talk, none of this was hidden from you and you still choose to be with him."

"You can't help who you love Charlie, you of all people should know that." She huffs.

"Okay, I'm going to pretend you didn't just have a dig at where my boyfriend comes from for no reason at all." I shoot her a warning clear. "If you want out, you know where the front door is, but you're having his child now and you won't be able to keep him from the child."

Not wanting to fight I continue down the end of the hall and push the door to the spare room open.

"Hey sleepy head." I smile over a freshly awaken Zay.

"Hey princess." He pats the bed next to him.

I walk over and lay myself down next to him, snuggling up his side as he places an arm around me.

"Everything okay?"

"You heard?" I sigh

"We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." He assures

"No, I want to, I just don't understand what's going on with her, I mean sure she's pregnant but it's like she's become a different person." I sigh "I just don't understand why she's gotten so mean, Lane is only looking after her."

"Maybe it's just her hormones messing with her." He suggests.

"Maybe." I nod and think for a moment. "You know what I said to Shay just now, that she's always known about the life she's chosen and so on."

"Mmm." He hums.

"I just realized that you didn't exactly sign up for this when you met me."

"Char, we've been over this an-"