Chapter 56 - Friends

ابدأ من البداية

"Oh, have you spoken to your man?"

"Nope." I sigh "I've called a few times but he didn't answer."

"Then he's a fool."

"Excuse me?"

"Any man that would ignore your calls is a fool Charlie."

"He's not ignoring my calls, I'm sure he's just busy."

"Maybe, or maybe he's found something else to do with his time." He shrugs.

Hearing those words hurts, maybe Jimmy is right, maybe he's found something, or someone better to fill in his time. Phone sex can only do so much for him and I know he has an extremely high sex drive, maybe, no, he wouldn't, would he?

I stare at the cup in front of me and close my eyes trying to push it from my mind

"Alright." He rubs his hands together. "I say, we get out of here and we go and do something fun, let's take your mind off it" He stands up and holds out his hand.

I check my phone quickly, nothing. I sigh once more and take his hand to stand up, dropping it as soon as I'm on my feet. We walk out the door, side by side, myself keeping some distance between us.

We spend the day off campus and drive around the parts of New York I've never seen away from the City. I send a few more text messages to Zay throughout the day, but my heart sinking a little every time I check my phone. Nothing.

"If you're up for it, we could totally take a trip to Washington DC"

"What? Right now?" I ask with a laugh

"Sure, why not?"

"Uh, because it's like four hours away maybe?"

"We've got time, don't we? You don't have anywhere to be and neither do I."

I check my phone once more, still no messages or calls from Zay and it's now almost lunch time. I look back over at Jimmy who is looking at me with a smile, his perfect white teeth and dimples on full display.

"You know what, I have a better idea, take me back to the dorms."

Zay's POV:

Buzzz Buzzz Buzzz

"Hey Jords, what's up man?"

"Happy anniversary bro." He sings into the phone

"Yeah thanks." I laugh softly

"Must be hard when your girl isn't even here, have you spoken to her."

"No, she's called a few times and text me a few messages but I haven't answered or text her back."

"Ohh that could back fire man." He laughs

"It could, but she'll forgive me don't you think?"

"I think she probably will." He agrees "Anyway, sorry I can't drive you to the airport man, Jill and these bloody pregnancy cravings, she's killing me man, she's killing me."

"Jordan, where is my chocolate?" Jill yells in the background. "I left it right here and it's gone, did you take it?"

"Sweetheart, I didn't take it, you ate it last night."

"I did not!" she yells and bursts into tears

"Fuck sake." He sighs into the phone "Have a safe trip man, and pray for me."

"I'll pray man, I'll pray." I laugh and hang up the phone.

Not talking to Charlie is killing me, but I'm sure she'll forgive me when I'm standing in front of her. Maybe I should have told her I was coming, but that would ruin the surprise.