Chapter 54 - Goodbye

Start from the beginning

I arrive back at the apartment with just enough time to pick up my things before the car picks Amity, Chet and I up to take us back to the airport.

The drive is quiet, I don't feel much like talking but Amity breaks the silence. "How was she when you left?"

"She was upset." I admit "But she'll be okay I'm sure."

"I'm sure she'll be fine; she knows she can come home whenever she likes." Chet adds.

"How are you?" Amity questions.

"I'm sad as well, but I know this is going to be good for her, so that's all that matters."

We arrive at the airport a short time later and wheel our bags through the doors Chet booked us business class seats again, only this time I'll be sitting alone.

Once our bags are dropped off, we head into the business lounge and wait for boarding.

Charlie's POV:

I have no idea how long I've been like this, but it feels like hours, I'm trying to get my breathing under control when the dorm room door opens and the pretty blonde from the pictures enters the room. She looks at me and her eyes filled with sadness instantly.

"Oh honey." she makes her way over and pulls me into her arms. "Are you okay?"

"I- I'm fine, I'm just missing home."

"The first night is always the hardest, trust me I was you last night, now let's hug it out."

I wrap my arms around this girl who's name I don't even know and she holds me tight. After a while she lets go and moves back sitting on my bed as she looks at me with a smile.

"You had to leave someone really special behind huh?" she questions as she looks at the ring on my finger and Zay's shirt in my hands.

"Yeah." I nod

"You'll be okay, I'll keep you company." She smiles once more. "I'm Angie, and I'm from California."

"I'm Charlie, I live in springs."

"We're next door neighbours at home then." She laughs happily. "Is this him?" She picks up my photo frame looking at the picture of Zay and I

"Yeah, that's my Zay." I smile at the picture.

"He's cute, I can see why your so upset about it girl." She laughs happily again.

I see now why she has so many friends in all of her pictures hanging on her side of the room. She's so happy and bubbly, she's easy to like.

"He is really cute." I gush

"How long have you been together?" She questions

"A year in a couple of weeks, we met right before school ended last year and started seeing each other shortly after."

"Aw, and you'll be here for your one-year anniversary, that sucks." She pouts.

"Yeah, I'll be okay." I shrug.

"Alright, let's do something fun." She jumps up from the bed and puts on some music.

Zay's POV:

We board the plane and I take my seat ready for take-off. It doesn't take long to fill the plane as it's a late-night flight and I'm thankful no one sits next to me, the last thing I wanted was to be next to some random.

The doors lock and I look over at Chet and Amity as the flight begins to move. Chet is once again holding Amity and she's all snuggled in, she's brave to fly when she hates it so much, maybe Chet should invest in a privet plane or something, maybe it'd feel more like home.

I pull my blanket from my bag and wrap it around me, that's when I get the strong scent of Charlie's yellow diamond perfume left over from the last plane ride. Damn, I miss her already.