Chapter one

I sat on the oval with my group of friends, they were laughing because Caitlin had got some nutella on her nose, I looked up from my book and cracked up. She had rubbed it up the side of her face and was trying unsuccessfully to get it off, "No its on the other side of your face!" Yelled Georgia as Caitlin tried to get rid of the chocolate-nut spread. I put away my book to watch the commotion, because I knew this would get interesting. Eventually Georgia got sick of watching Caitlin spread the mess over her face and began to wipe it off Caitlin's face herself, I listened to the rustle of eucalyptus leaves in the bush near where we sit as they screamed at each other.
The group of people playing soccer were getting painfully close to us, the ball flew towards us. "Sam lookout!" (Sam as in Samantha) but it was too late as the ball slammed into her back and she let out a yelp of surprise. Sam whipped around and glared at the person who had kicked the ball, he was pretty easy to pick out because he was gaping in guilt and beginning to walk towards her. "Just be more careful, and aim." She growled he nodded and walked away kicking the ball back to the other players.
I spotted Jai making his way across the oval, "Hey Jai!" I called, he walked over curiously,
"what do you want now?" He moaned mockingly,
"Nothing, but while your here, what is our next class?"
"How the hell am I supposed to know!? Ask one of your friends, they are in your class!"
"Yeah, but they aren't as fun to annoy." He sighed and ran into the midst of the soccer game.

"You so like him." Commented Felicity as I turned to face the group, "no I don't!" I defended, "I'm way taller than him anyway, have you seen him? He's like a metre twenty (120 cm)! It would soooooo awkward."
"So?" She responded, "I'm short?"
"Yeah but I'm not a lesbian!"
"Whats wrong with lesbians?!" She mocked,
"Nothing some of the best people are lesbians!" I replied, "they are the women among us that realise that other women are smart enough not to lock them selves out of the house."
"Lol." She stated,
"Yes, lol indeed."
"Did you guys actually just say that?!" Sam asked incredulously,
"Yes." We said in unison (felicity and me)
I checked my watch as we chatted quietly and it was only half way through lunch, the sun was beating down on us and I was grateful for the shade that was provided by the thick bush land around us. Through the quiet conversation I heard a low moan, the undergrowth rustled and I caught a whiff of rotting flesh, this was like the stench of road-kill that had been out in the sun for weeks. "Yuck!" Exclaimed Sam, "What is that!" the only answer to her question was another groan from the bush, "alright, what the bloody hell is that?!" Muffled shuffling and a gravelly growl was the only sound heard. I stood and held my guard up, I saw a sturdy stick not to far from where I was and I edged wearily towards it, I know how funny I must look, but this is not right. I was two metres from the stick when a decaying man shuffled from the green foliage, I leapt for the stick as I heard loud screams and my friend ran for the main building. I silently thanked higher forces that I was wearing my sports uniform, not the horrible dress that my teachers called the 'uniform'. The grey skinned man approached slowly, I could feel the presence of some boys ready to step in to be 'heroes' and save the 'princess'. This 'princess' was gonna save herself. I whacked the zombie in the head.