Games

Update time!

I hope that you guys enjoy this update because it's something a little new. I've never really written a character like Louis-- with the personality and mindset that he had in this story-- so I'm a little nervous for this chapter, but I had fun writing it. I hope you guys enjoy. :)

Also, for those of you who have read Princess, what do you think about a special Thanksgiving chapter update? Let me know!

Now, onto the chapter.

Chapter 13:

       I was woken up by the sound of my phone ringing-- for the thousandth time-- and I was seriously debating on silencing it throughout the night.

     I sat up in bed and grabbed the small device, squeezing it in frustration before sighing and finally cracking open my eyes to see the name on the screen. As thankful as I was to hear from Zayn, knowing that the new base was set up already, I would have much preferred the call to be during actual daylight hours-- not six o'clock in the damn morning.

    I allowed it to ring a few more times as payback for waking me up. Let him wait.

   "What?" I answered, annoyed as I spit out the word.

    "Good morning, Sunshine," Zayn all but cooed, and if he was in my line of sight, the daggers I was shooting would have murdered him within a split second. "Did you sleep well, Sleeping Beauty?"

     "You're in a surprisingly chipper mood for someone who just lost all contact with one of his men and had to uproot his entire operation to a new location. It's not really anything to take lightly or laugh about, Malik."

      "Horan told you, huh?" It was a rhetorical question, but I answered anyway.

    "You think? He couldn't possibly have been my leak of information. I mean, he's so loyal to you," A beat of silence, "Oh, wait. That was before you completely forgot about him and decided to place him neck to a filthy train station in a rundown neighborhood." 

     "This isn't fucking grade school, Tomlinson. I'm not making decisions on anything other than what is good for the gang--"

     "Which is why Kellen was discovered so easily."

     "-- I would advise you not to push me anymore, Louis. Kellen got himself caught. He was the one who drew too much attention to himself. He wasn't careful, and that was the one thing that you guys had to do-- be careful. Yes, we don't have a clue where he is currently, but there was never a body discovered, and there was no blood. As far as we know, he's alive. Regardless, we can't let that distract us from our true mission here."

     "I'm not an idiot, Zayn," I deadpanned. "I know how these things work. Still, we need to figure out where he is; where the other gang's main base is. That's the only clue we have right now. I mean, are you even sending anyone down there to investigate the scene?"

     "I will be momentarily."

    "Great. Give them a chance to clean up the crime scene a bit, yeah? God, you're terrible at this," I groaned out, and that seemed to strike a cord within him.

    "Enough," He basically roared out. "Louis, I am your leader. You had a shot at this, and you didn't take it. You need to grow up and get the fuck over these daddy issues that you have instead of judging the decisions I make for the good of the gang as a whole. Either cry about it or get the fuck over it and listen to what I'm telling you to do. You're either with me, or you are against all of us. Which is it going to be?"

     "I'm with you," I spoke through gritted teeth, my hand tightening around the phone and into the blanket at the mention of my father. I wasn't raised to take orders. I wasn't raised to be like a good beta to Zayn's alpha stance.