Socialize

So, after a long while, here's another update! I am so sorry that it takes so long, but there are many stories I am working on. Still, I love writing this story so much, and I do want to try to pay it more attention, but we'll see how that works out.

Anyways, love you guys! Enjoy! ❤

Chapter 4:

"It's a fucking block party, Zayn! And people already know I'm here. They'll start asking questions eventually, and the last thing I want to do is answer them honestly. Can you please just relocate me?" I begged into the phone, slowly becoming more and more irritated with our gang leader. He just wouldn't listen.

"Louis, I made you settle down in that town because it is the least likely place you would be as an individual," He began, and I groaned. I knew he would just ignore everything I had to say. It was like our opinions didn't matter because Zayn always seemed to know what was best for us. Bullshit.

"Well, obviously, I stand out a bit too much. I swear, everyone here would probably lie down and die if someone asked them to. They're spineless and have no sense of survival instincts. My neighbor-- he dropped a pan on my foot yesterday and literally got on his knees to check it out!" I ranted, hearing Zayn sigh.

"Louis, why do you have to be so problematic?" He questioned, but I wasn't really one to get offended easily anyway. He could say whatever he wanted about me. "Every time something doesn't go the way you plan it to, you complain until it's corrected to your liking. That can't be the way this runs. Do you understand that? Okay. I'm the boss. You do what I say with minimal complaints. Whether you like it or not," He stated clearly, and I clenched my jaw at that for a moment.

"Look, if people already know you're in town anyways, then you should start to get on their good side. Give them pleasant things to say about you instead of labeling yourself as the town hermit. It'll draw too much attention," Zayn ordered, and I raised up my eyebrow.

"What are you purposing I do?" I questioned, not wanting an answer if I was being honest. I knew I wouldn't like what Zayn had to say.

"Exactly as I said. Make friends in town. And I want a weekly update on who you've associated yourself with. I want at least two people a week," He ordered, and I scoffed.

"Are you fucking joking right now, Zayn? I'm not a little kid in need of friends-" I began, but Zayn quickly cut me off.

"No, but you do need to socialize. Part of your job now is to blend into the community you're in," Zayn informed.

"How the hell am I suppose to blend in when everyone that lives here is so fucking prissy?" I questioned in a snappy tone. Zayn was really pissing me off now, but I couldn't just end the conversation with him. It would lead to a lot of trouble inside of the gang. Many of them already seemed to think I was capable of giving orders instead, and my last intention was to challenge Zayn's position.

"You pretend, Louis. You interact. Talk to people, make friends, go to the block party," He listed off, and I was beyond livid now.

"Zayn, you can't make me do this. It's completely fucked up!" I protested. At this point, I think I'd rather have the fucking railroad.

"I can, and I am. Socialize, Louis. Or else," He said, and I clenched my jaw and shut my eyes, taking a few deep breaths to try and call myself before I completely lashed out on him. He was the gang leader. It wouldn't look good for me.

I opened my eyes and smirked before saying, "By the way, Niall wants you to call him." Maybe it was a lie, but I was really in the mood to fuck with Zayn. There was obviously something going on between him and Niall, and any reaction from him would be priceless. And I got what I wanted.