Fears

Hello, everyone! Update!

Warning: This chapter mentions self-harm, near sexual assault, lonliness and low self-esteem, and it also slightly deals with the homocide that happened at the bar (the guilt and regrets). Most of these are very subtly mentioned, but please read carefully, loves.

Also, last chance for character ask questions. Think I said this before, but this is the REAL last chance. Leave any comments and questions HERE.

Thank you. :)

Chapter 33:

   I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing, and I groaned softly, feeling warmth beside me. I slowly blinked my eyes opened to see Harry laying to my side, curled in to my body like some magnetic force was pulling him in.

   I remembered breaking down once again in his hold. He held me in his arms once more, only telling me that things would be okay, but I didn't believe it. Nothing was okay in my line of work. Everything was a fucking nightmare. Having Harry by my side, having him see some semblance of good in me, it was like finally waking up from that nightmare, but I knew I had to go back to sleep eventually. Every day turned to night, after all.

    He held me, and then he kissed me once more. His kiss was soft and steady, as if he was trying to be stable for the both of us. No words were said. Instead, he just took my hand and led us back to the bedroom. We laid down beside each other, and I stared at the ceiling while Harry's eyes concentrated on my side profile-- just a silhouette in the darkness.

   I didn't remember falling back to sleep, but something told me that Harry didn't sleep until after I did. And I was supposed to be the one protecting him from danger.

   I leaned down, taking a deep breath to calm my nerves before pressing a light peck to his forehead.

   It was a terrifying feeling. It was like someone pulled the covers off of me without any warning, letting in a rush of cold air and exposing everything to the world. It was like a gun pressed right to my temple. It was a bomb just waiting to explode. I told Harry that he was important to me. That was my mistake... but I wouldn't take it back. It would hurt Harry more than anything else I'd done to him. Besides, I didn't think I could ignore it anymore.

   My phone stopped ringing, and I sat up fully to see who was calling. I had one missed call from Zayn, and just as I was about to call him back, Liam's name appeared on my screen.

   I raised my eyebrow at the occurrence. They usually didn't both call back to back.

  I answered the phone, keeping my voice low to not disturb Harry. I allowed my free hand to rub circles onto the back of his hand. A soft breath escaped his lips as he shifted slightly. He was gorgeous even in his sleep.

  "Hey, Li. What's u-" I began, but I didn't get very far as I heard Zayn yelling in the background. He sounded completely pissed and frantic. He was yelling out orders to the tech crew, sounding like he was wound so tight he would snap. Just as I was about to ask Liam what was going on, he spoke up in a rush.

  "Why the hell didn't you answer your phone?" He nearly shouted, and I rolled my eyes. They were obviously overreacting this morning.

  "It's called sleep. You know, that thing humans do to-"

  "Niall's missing," He interrupted.

  I immediately stood from the bed, beginning to pace back and forth as I thought of Niall being taken. Niall, out of all people. He was placed in the perfect spot for him to blend in. From everything he told me, he seemed to be doing well, save for the train that annoyed him constantly.