Requiem

This chapter is pain. It's a funeral. It's the shift from life to death/light to darkness/love to hatred.

Please read carefully, loves. This chapter has some heavy feelings, and it is perfectly understandable if you want to skip or wait for a different moment to read.

With that being said, the next chapter will hopefully be one you will all enjoy due to certain events. (No, not Harry and Liam being alive. Sorry!)

There are only about 3 chapters left, plus an epilogue. But there will also be those extra chapters afterwards that fill in some more information or give glimpses at the boys before these events take place. So, still a good amount of content!

Love you all so much! ❤❤

Chapter 52:

I drove down the empty roads, passing by the town's Welcome sign. It was a place that I never thought I would come back to after leaving it. I never even wanted to be here in the first place, but the town-- the people in it-- changed me. I felt like it was a part of me now, and it almost felt like returning home. Almost.

I drove down the roads slowly. There wasn't a single person in sight. All of the cars were parked in driveways, but the town didn't seem to be teeming with life the way it used to be. There were no people waving in greeting at the newcomer to town; no smiles on people's faces. It was so quiet as homes and businesses seemed to be boarded up.

I drove passed the diner. The lights were out on it. It was the same way for the grocery store. There wasn't a single soul in sight.

I swallowed thickly as I drove passed the flower shop. It was the only place around that didn't have boarded up windows. Instead, it was just glass that led in to dying and rotting plants. The sign on the shop was still turned to 'Closed.' I felt an ache knowing that it would never be flipped around to open.

I drove deeper into town, parking outside of the house that was adorned with roses. Both Harry's car and my own were still sat in the driveway. The tires were flat, and I remembered that horrendous night. There wasn't a single dead body in sight, but the deep stains of blood still existed.

I climbed out of the car and looked up at the house. The roses were all dying.

The huge bush and the vines that crept up the sides of the house were a blackish-red. The petals were falling off as the stems were a brittle stick. Not even the thorns seemed to have any power.

They didn't have a kind, caring hand to care for them any longer.

I walked up the trail to the house and stopped at the front door. I tried to take a deep breath, to remind myself to actually breathe. Each one burned my lungs. I just didn't see the point in breathing anymore. Not without Harry.

Regardless of what Isaac told me about my mother's death, it didn't change a thing. I refused to believe that my father ever loved me or my mother. Hurting those you loved wasn't the way to prove that you did.

"I want him out of here," I told Zayn as soon as we all met up. "He was the reason they discovered Liam's signal. He gave them our location! If it wasn't for him the mission would have been successful! If it wasn't for him, Liam and Harry would still be alive right now! We wouldn't have lost our tech crew!"

"Isaac, what you did was reckless," Zayn began. "It's a serious offense. We cannot just turn a blind eye to it."