Extra 7: Anniversary (Larry)

Yay, I finished it! Finally!

Here is what you have all been waiting for-- your Larry anniversary Rome trip update! Now, I am not from Rome, nor have I ever visited, so most of this is from several Google searches that may not all be accurate. I tried my best, but I was honestly more focused on the feels than anything.

Trigger Warning: There is still slight mentions of past self-harm, depression, and suicidal thoughts. Please read those carefully, but overall this update is pretty light-hearted, and I did my best to keep it that way.

Also, there is no smut in this chapter, but I could write some for the scene that takes place (and is glossed over with minor details) if you all wanted that. Idk

There will be one final extra chapter (unless the smut thing happens) which will be about their parents and how those situations went down. It will also feature some Louis and Harry POV as well, of course, but it will mainly serve to give insight and fill in those holes. It'll probably be the hardest to write, so it may take me a moment.

Now, enough of me typing so much that you guys don't really care about. Just... enjoy!!

--------------------------------

Louis

ROME

    "Benvenuto in Italia!" The hostess greeted to nearly every passenger as we stepped off of the plane. "Welcome to Italy!" She would repeat in English in that same chipper manner, the pink smile never leaving her lips.

    "Grazie," Harry smiled back, nodding politely to her as we walked by her. I simply followed behind him as we walked out into the airport. I searched through the crowd for our bags, finally finding them and leading Harry over to pick them up. "This is incredible, Louis. I'm so excited!" He gushed, even though we haven't even stepped foot outside of the airport yet.

    "I managed to book us a nice hotel with a great view of the city. It's also close to all of the main attractions we'll be visiting," I explained as I grabbed our luggage and handed Harry his suitcase. We rolled them along behind us as I looked for the driver that Liam found for us. He was more than happy to help out when I explained that I wanted to take Harry to Italy for our anniversary. I was stressing while trying to plan our visit to Rome, and I was thankful when Liam actually took it upon himself to help me plan out a whole itinerary of things we could do and places we could go if we wished. Everything was booked and ready. We were staying for nearly a whole week, and I knew I would be exhausted by the end of it, but I was more than willing to go along with it as long as Harry was happy. And based on the smile that filled his lips, unfaltering since the moment I gave him the tickets, he was more than happy.

    I managed to find the diver that was holding a sign with my last name, and he introduced himself to both of us before taking our bags and leading us out to the car he drove. He loaded up the bags as Harry and I climbed in the back seat.

   "I can't believe we're actually in Italy! Rome, too!" Harry sighed as he stared out of the window.

   "I know how much you wanted to travel," I admitted, intertwining our fingers together and earning a loving smile from him. "Italy's just the first step. Wherever you want to go in the future, I promise to make that dream come true." I pressed a kiss to the back of his hand and enjoyed the flushed look on his face.

    It was the closest thing I could offer him to marriage-- a future together. Whenever the topic of marriage was brought up, it always seemed to upset Harry when I confessed that I wasn't sure about the topic. It was a step up from me being completely against the idea, but marriage seemed so daunting to me. I wanted to give Harry everything, but I was still so unsure of what I wanted in that department. I just didn't know if it mattered so much compared to just being together. Harry always assured me that it was okay, but I could see the subtle hurt in his eyes and the slight quiver of his lip, willing himself not to frown or cry. I was in love with him, though, and that was something I never doubted.