Extra 2: Harry's POV Pt. 1

Hello everyone! So, as promised, here is the second extra chapter with some of Harry's POV. 

This one will sort of be split into two chapters instead of one, and I will explain why. So, this first part of Harry's POV focuses heavily on his emotions and how much he internalizes everything while also feeling so much as well. The second part, which may not be posted for a minute, will focus more on the way Harry gains a harsher side to his personality and becomes more involved with the gang. (Yes, you will get some bad ass Harry there and see how his plan played out.)

Also, it is being divided because this part was waaaaaay longer than I thought it would be. (Over 10,000 words 😅)

There will be trigger warnings and content warnings where necessary on these parts of his POV. Most Trigger Warnings will be for Harry's depression, self-harm, and the mentions of suicidal thoughts. Please, please read carefully loves. I know that reading about these things can be difficult. Trust me, I know, so please skip if you need to.

Love you all. <3

********************************************************

*First Meeting*

WARNING: This part hints at Harry's insecurities, including self-doubt, and also hints at his self-harm.

    I stood nervously at the front door after knocking, wondering if I should have given him more time to settle in. Did I come over way too soon? Should I have waited an hour or so? Surely he would think that I was watching and waiting by the window to greet him, which I was, but he didn't have to know that.

   Ever since I first realized that there were movers bringing in furniture to the vacant house next door, I knew that it meant someone new was moving to town. It was a pretty big deal around everyone in town because we hardly ever got new guests coming in. I have been overhearing the excited and curious chatter for a week now, and I anxiously awaited the arrival of my new neighbour, hoping they would be someone I could call a friend.

   Now, standing on the doorstep of my neighbour, I began to second-guess my actions. I stared down at the flowers in my hands, wondering if it was too much. What if he was allergic?

   I tugged on the sleeves of my shirt. The thought alone began to make me regret my decision to bring the flowers; to come over at all. I was probably just an annoyance.

   Before I could turn and walk away, however, the door was pulled open to reveal my new neighbour. I forced myself to look up at him, and I became flushed with embarrassment at the beautiful human being I saw in front of me.

  He was dressed casually-- a simple t-shirt and jeans. His hair was a messy fringe at the moment, but it looked soft to the touch. And his eyes were gorgeous. They were a blue that resembled the sky. Bright and all-encompassing. As if he could see through my facade and into who I really was.

   "Can I help you?" He prompted, leaning against the door frame. I remembered then that I was supposed to talk.

   "H-hello," I stuttered out. My grip around the roses tightened as nerves consumed me. "I'm Harry... Harry Styles," why did I say my full name? "Um... I live n-next door. I just c-came to welcome you to the neighborhood. Oh! A-and to give you these!"

  In an inelegant fashion, I thrust the bouquet of roses out in front of me, completely extending my arms.

  The man stared at the flowers for a moment, eyes glancing up at me as he hesitantly accepted them. I smiled wider, hoping it would make my presence seen like less of a burden to him.