The Plan

Hello everyone :)

Another update here for you! This is another slower chapter, but we're really about to take off.

According to my outline, there are only 6/7 chapters left of this story before the bonus chapters. (Of course, this may change if certain scenes take me longer to write.) With that being said, those 6/7 chapters are packed full of action! I really hope you all enjoy them when they are released!

Warning: This chapter contains mentions of abuse, suicide, and depression. Know that I love you all so much and am always here to talk when I get the chance to. ❤❤

Enjoy!

Chapter 49:

   "Why is Zayn confiding in Isaac when he knows how you feel about him? Haven't you two known each other for a long time?" Harry wondered.

   We were laying side by side in bed, and I knew I would have to leave soon to go meet with Zayn and Niall. Harry would stay with Liam and the tech crew. I already decided that.

   "We met when we were fifteen. We've known each other for a long time, but he doesn't know everything about my past. He saw how I despised my father and Isaac, but he never knew about the abuse. And I never cared to share it. Emotions weren't a thing that mattered in the gang. I guess they still sort of aren't."

   "Niall and Liam seem to have other emotions," He commented, and I nodded slightly.

   "Liam has the luxury of staying behind the scenes. Sometimes he helps out, like when they rescued us a week ago, but he hasn't seen the shit we've seen. As for Niall, well, he's always been quite jovial. But he's also tough as nails. I guess he just had a more... loving upbringing," I said, for lack of better words. Although, I wasn't sure there was a better way to describe it. Simply stated, my father never displayed love.

  "But you all still seem like a family. I can tell you care about one another and have deeper ties than you're willing to show."

  "It's easier that way. Not dealing with emotions," I admitted, and I saw Harry frown before a knock on the door interrupted out conversation. The door was pushed opened to reveal Liam standing there.

  "Sorry. Zayn wants you in Niall's room for the meeting," He informed. "I figured I could show Harry how the tracker works in the meantime."

  Liam was trying to involve him, and I think Harry really appreciated the offer. I appreciated it just as much. I always had a hunch that I could count on Liam. From the moment I told him about Harry, he'd been a big support.

   "Alright," I said, moving to pull apart from Harry and sit up. I groaned at the pain in my side, hand covering the wound as I sat. Harry carefully assisted me as well. "I'm fine."

  "I'll see you afterwards, yeah?" He wondered, and I nodded as I kissed him gently.

   "Yeah. Have fun with Liam." I didn't need to warn Liam to watch his mouth-- not like I did with Niall. I knew he'd treat Harry with care and respect. After all, he was the level-headed one at all times.

   I watched as Harry stood and moved to follow Liam. The two of them began chatting as they left the room. I sighed heavily before standing up and following them out, turning down the opposite way in the hall and heading to Niall's room. I knocked on the door, uncertain of what was waiting for me on the other side.

  "Are you both fully dressed?" I snarked, hearing Niall's laughter ring out.

  "Why don't you find out!" He called, and then Zayn was pulling the door opened.