Extra 5: Liam Payne, the Tech Head

Hello everyone!

I am back with another extra chapter that is a Liam centric one. Of course, it will still contain hints of Larry and Ziall, but Liam is the focus of this one. He has all of the inside information, all of the details from everyone, and a very private life compared to the others. Hope it's intriguing!

Next extra chapter will be on younger Zayn and Louis. :)

-------------------------------------------------------

Age 15

"Isaac, Louis, this is Liam," the man introduced me. I stood up straight, paying my respects to the boss as my dad told me to do. "Liam, this is Isaac," the boss pointed to the man standing in front of me, but he wasn't the one who stood out, "and this is Louis."

The boy that stood there was no older than sixteen years old, but the look in his eyes was so cold and calculating. He had the expression of someone who should have been a senior in the gang already. My own father didn't even have that look in his eyes.

"It's very nice to meet you. We welcome you here," Isaac greeted, holding out his hand for me to shake. I did so hesitantly, seeing the way Louis bristled at the action.

"Louis," the boss stated in a warning tone.

"Are you any good?"

It wasn't the question I expected from the boy. Of course, I wasn't actually expecting a question at all, maybe just a careful greeting or even a simple nod. But his voice was nearly devoid of emotions, like he really couldn't care less about anything or anyone in the room.

"I hope so," I responded.

"You hope so?" He repeated. "You're either good or you're not. And if you're not, then we have no need for you."

"I personally selected him, Louis. His talent speaks for itself," The boss stated, backing me up a bit.

"Yeah. Because your judgment of others has always been correct."

I was in shock. The way he casually gave attitude to the leader of the gang was appalling. It was unheard of! The number one rule my father told me before bringing me in was to never question the leader. He'd apparently been in charge for years, and everyone said he was a great leader. But here was this kid, around my age, talking back to him.

"He's good at his job, Louis," Isaac commented, taking the leader's side.

"We'll see about that," Louis responded, crossing his arms and giving me a final glance before turning and leaving the room without another word.

"Pay him no mind," The leader stated as he turned back to me. "My son has a terrible trait of being stubborn. It gets him into trouble more often than not. Of course, he refuses to listen to me."

His son? Why did he seem so opposed to his own father?

"Follow Isaac, and he'll show you where the tech room is. You're a talented kid, Liam. Your father talked you up, and I have to say I'm impressed."

"Thank you, sir," I reacted, giving a nod of my head.

"Don't let me down, kid."

He left the room as well, and I turned to Isaac, who waved me to follow behind him. We left through the same door the leader and his son left through. The hall was quite long as we stepped through it, and I heard arguing coming from one of the rooms we passed by. Glancing through the small window on the door, I saw Louis glaring up at his father, a red mark on his cheek and a burning hatred in his eyes.