Lucca

Another chapter update! I am sorry for the spamming of this story, but I am in love with where it is going and super excited for it! With that being said, this chapter does get violent.

Warning: This chapter contains violence, torture, beatings, gun use, and murder. It also contains mentions of self-harm and drugs. Please read carefully.

The next chapter is going to be another big one!

Chapter 31:

"So, this is Louis," Lucca mused, glancing at Ramona and Marco beside him. His voice was deep and a bit scratchy, unpleasant to the ears. He also had an accent that I couldn't quite place, but I knew it wasn't British or American. If all goes well, I could try to record it next time and see if Liam can figure anything out.

Zander stood beside me, seeming to shrink away ad Lucca's gaze fell on him. The man smirked at that. Power hungry. It was easy to see.

"What the fuck happened to you, kid?" He asked, standing up from his seat without any care or warning for the girl that was on his lap. She fell onto the sofa beneath them with an offended look on her face. Nobody really seemed to notice or maybe they just didn't care.

Lucca was tall. He was thin and towering compared to the brawn that Marco had, but I knew not to underestimate people based on appearances. It was all based on attitude and what they had to offer. Lucca radiated confidence, and he obviously earned his position in the gang. He wasn't one to be trifled with.

He moved toward Zander and took his chin into his hand, turning his face to see the black eye he had.

"Quite the shiner. Someone got you good," Lucca said, and I had to fight away the smile that threatened to appear on my face. There was a ball of pride forming in my stomach. It was a nice image. Harry punching the fuck out of Zander after being his punching bag for so long. "Go clean up."

Lucca released his grip on Zander's chin. "But what about the meeting-"

"Who said you were invited?" Lucca rhetorically questioned. It shut Zander right up. "I believe Ramona has a job for you. Get the information and wait at the bar or something. You," Lucca pointed at me, "come with Marco and me."

Marco gently let Ramona off of his lap before she moved to talk to Zander. Her eyes lingered on me as Marco came over to join Lucca. I glanced at her once before ignoring her completely. I followed behind Marco and Lucca as they led me down the same hall covered with curtains. We entered the exact same room, two more guys waiting inside.

Immediately, I felt tense and ready to go. If I had to defend myself, I would. My brain was coming up with various ways to get out of different scenarios in case this was all just an elaborate trap. Fortunately, none of that was needed.

"Have a seat," Lucca said, motioning to one of the chairs in the room as he sat at the other. Marco stood by his side while the other two men guarded the door to make sure nobody else followed. "So, Ramona seemed very impressed with you. Said you even helped with the punishment for some idiot who hasn't paid his debts."

"I didn't do much but state an idea," I replied. I sat down in the seat across from him, and he smiled at my easy nature.

"Cutting off his thumbs? How'd you think of that? Have you ever tortured anybody?" He wondered, and I knew I would have to be careful with my answer. A blatant yes would cause some suspicion on who I was involved with.

"Had a father in the military. He saw a thing or two on the battlefields." A lie. An utter lie, but it was one told with finesse and confidence. "Said that men would break down in tears at some of the horrors."