Illusions and guilt

..and years have passed and the king was absent from his kingdom. And the Queen was waiting for him and his sister was waiting for him and his son was waiting for him. And the Queen nine moons after his departure gave birth to another child,a princess. Only a year younger than little Ned.

But Sansa had to carry on,so she did with Elaine by her side as Queen regent and a council of Lords pushing her limits and doubting her words. But she carry on, little by little, every day. For her children,for Elaine and her kingdom. That was her daily occupation but the nights were promised to herself.

So when she tuck her kids in bed and when she sing them back to sleep. Once she returns to her chambers and took off her crown she let herself fall into sorrow and tears. Waiting. Waiting for him to return or waiting for the next morning to find her sleepless.

Gwendeith.

Months and months of travelling. Trying to find a legend. Maybe she really was one. Maybe she really wasn't real, at least it seemed so for Valarr and Jon, who searched every spot on land, leaving Gwendeith miles and miles behind. From high mountains, to desert, from rainforests to wastelands. They met many humanlike races, many beasts and creatures, yet not a single hint for a legendary place called Brokilon.
It was during one night, when they were sitting in the middle if nowhere by the fire, eating something, what seemed to be a hare, when they killed it, just with a size of a calf. "Weird land," Valarr observed roasting animal above fire.

"Which one?" Jon kids exhausted as he lays back on the rock. "This one or the rest six thousand we crossed?" He snorted and shook his head trying to get the thought that they came so far maybe for nothing. "This is never going to end! We'll end up lost and maybe never found. We're searching for a damn ghost."

"If somebody at least had a hint, like clue. Fucking riddle," Valarr leaned against leg of Dhu, who was lazily chewing on some animal, that men didn't even dare to check on. Was it huge spider? Scorpion? Bear? As ling as Dhu had full stomach, they didn't care. "You know? Like in fairytales, when somebody tells wandered, that follow that fucking star or find the place where three countries meet or some shit like that," Valarr murmured desperately, throwing small piece of wood into fire.

"You people really grew up in feather, didn't you?" He turns to see him with a chuckle. "The best story i heard from old nan was the winter's tale. How the first men killed the dead and build the Wall. How the long night carries terrors and screams." He thought for a moment and narrow his eyes on the distance. Looking up in the sky he saw the stars shining and big one close to the moon that he noticed nights ago that dusts every morning last before the sun comes out. He stood up thinking. "The sky." He said. "The sky is the map. How the tale goes?"

"The sky is the map? What the fuck are you talking about?" Valarr looked at him and threw him piece of meat. "Well, I don't know..." He then took a piece for himself and pondered for a moment. "I seriously can't remember, that there was something about a sky," he scratched his temple. "What?" He suddenly turned to Dhu and chuckled softly. "Oh, so Dhu says, that it is. Yes, that's right. That it is the Queen, who once in every hundred year shines brighter than the moon, it is when tree spirits are born and new dryads are about to make a bloody oath to her."

"So that means we're close? Where the east ends in this land? Maybe it's bay or cliff or mountain." He mattered restless. "Look, i know it sounds stupid but we're already based everything on a fairytale so let's just follow the crumbs,we have nothing to lose after all. We're lost anyway."

"I guess, you are right," he shrugged. "You see, I've never been here, I've never got so far. When I was chasing Dhu, I got to that mountain, that we crossed like two month ago, that one with snow ogres. There I turned and went back home," he admited and took another bite of meat, then thought out loud."I don't think it is a mountain. Rhaenys always spoke about deep wood. Well, but wood needs water, so maybe somewhere by a huge river? Or bay as you said? I doubt it will be on a desert... I have no idea," he sighed desperately, rubbing his eyes wearily.