Chapter 52 - New York

Start from the beginning

We exit the plane doors and make our way down the baggage claim.

"How'd you find the flight?" Dad asks as he walks by my side.

"It wasn't too bad, I was expecting it to be worse."

"Do you think you could handle it on your own without Zay?"

"I think I'd be okay."

"If it comes to it, I could always fly to get you and fly back home with you so you're not alone." Zay smiles

"Aw come on mate you're putting me to shame here." Dad laughs as he looks at Zay.

"Oh, stop it." Mom slaps his arm playfully "he's such a sweetheart."

"I know." Dad exclaims with a laugh "That's why he's putting me to shame."

We collect our bags and head out the front where our driver is waiting for us. We all jump into the car and the driver smiles. "Pleasure to have you back Mr and Mrs Raven." He nods at my father and mother.

"Thanks for picking us up Rodger." Dad nods back. "This is my daughter and her boyfr- fiancé Zayd." He corrects himself.

"Lovely to meet you both." He smiles as he pulls out into the traffic.

"I've known Rodger for many years now, he'll be your personal driver whenever you need him, night or day." Dad informs.

"Okay." I smile as I look out the window.

It isn't too long before we hit the city and I look up at the city lights around us, it's so beautiful, just like I had always imagined it would be.

"Wow, this place is dope." Zay smiles as he looks out his window also.

Dad chuckles and nods. "Yes Zay, it's dope." He shakes his head still laughing at Zay's choice of words.

"How are you feeling?" Mom asks as she squeezes my hand.

"I'm excited." I admit.

"I'm so proud of you sweetheart, you're following in your Aunty Avery's footsteps, you're going to do amazing things."

"Thanks mom." I smile

We soon arrive at aunt Avery and uncle Ezra's apartment where a man greets us and helps us with our bags. We enter the elevator and head for the top floor.

Both Avery and Ezra have been very successful in their chosen careers I guess that explains why they can afford a penthouse in the middle of New York City.

The door dings and then opens, we all make our way out and are greeted by Aunt Avery.

"Hello!" She smiles holding her arms out. I run to her and give her a hug.

After we say our hello's we make our way into the four-bedroom apartment. I'm not sure why they need so many bedrooms but I guess they have friends come and stay they'd use the extra space.

"Alright so Chet and Am I have your room set up in here." She points. "And Zay and Charlie you guys are in here." She points to the room across the hall.

I step in and look around the room. "Woah." I smile as I bounce down on the bed, taking in the views of the city from the large windows. Zay joining me.

"Nice huh?" She says proudly.

"So nice." I breathe out in awe. "Can't I just live here." I stand up.

"You can if you like." She nods "If you don't like being on campus you can definitely move in with us, Emery couldn't wait to see the back of us though." She laughs.

"I'm sure that's not true."

"Oh sweetheart you have no idea what college is like, his dorm room is a revolving door of girls." She shakes her head.

"Didn't he have a girlfriend with him at the wedding?" I question.

"Girlfriend of the week." She rolls her eyes. "Honestly, that place is one big orgy." She laughs "Anyway I'll leave you to it." She exits the room.

I look over at Zay who is looking a little uneasy and I stand in front of him and then take his hand "what's the matter?"

"Nothing." He gives me a fake smile

"Is this about what Avery just said, because I can assure you, I'm only here for an education, nothing else, you're the only man I want Zay."

"Yeah?"

"Yes." I nod

"Show me." He pulls me down into his lap so I'm straddling him and presses his lips to mine.

Oh I'll show you Zay, I'll show you until morning hits. 

Amity and Chet.... I still love them so much, they're such couple goals.  Who's your favorite? Amity and Chet or Zay and Charlie?

  Who's your favorite? Amity and Chet or Zay and Charlie?