"It is rewarding, yeah. It is also nice to be able to come back home with the money I earn, and give you nice things,"

We arrived at the hospital and I went inside, eagerly running up to Michael. He lifted me of the floor and into a hug, laughing lightly.

"It is nice of you to join us- have you come to see Georgia?"

"Yeah, and talk to Sophie, and see you guys,"

"Sophie?"

"I want to see her office a bit,"

"I heard my name?" she said, walking over with Calum.

"You come to join the party?" he smiled, "how are you feeling?"

"Good,"

"Well that's better than normal,"

"Can I see Sophie's office?" I asked quietly, accepting his hand when he held it out.

"Ash, we will be back in a minute,"

"Okay," he smiled, blowing me a kiss, "we are starting soon though,"

"How was your sleep in the new house?"

"Great. There is no noise from the neighbours, and it is nice knowing Marcus lives with us."

"How is he?"

"He is good. Dad told us the rules,"

"And what do you think?"

I shook my head, Sophie laughing and unlocking her door. We stepped inside, Calum resting his hands on my shoulder; it was a nice office.

"What do you do in your checkups? Dad and Dan did it differently,"

"I do it like your dad if Cal is going to give you a cleaning, because he measures your gums. However like this time, you aren't so I will do it myself,"

I turned round and put my head in Calum's chest, feeling him rub my back.

"It's the feeling of tools you don't like, isn't it? And Sophie can't help that, but she isn't hurting you,"

"I got pink gloves, and a pink mask," she smiled, "not that it helps, probably,"

"Shall we take you to the office?"

"Thankyou," I said to Sophie, giving her a hug, "I try really hard,"

"I'm sure you do sweetheart, I do need to get ready though, so are you gonna go with Cal?"

I nodded and followed him out the room- not before the pair kissed- then into the office where dad was. He gave me my phone and the laptop, then quickly said goodbye and left me to myself.

Every so often, someone came into the office to grab papers or something for Luke and Michael, but most of the staff were working.

It took me back to the day I came.

I had felt so comfortable in dad's presence compared to anyone else, and it was a warming feeling.

I started to read, but then got bored and unfocused. After watching netflix for a while, I decided to take a nap because I didn't didn't get enough sleep and was frustrated with everything. I grabbed Luke's hoodie and scrunched it up as a pillow, then Michael's coat and used it as a blanket, easily falling asleep.

"That's a really creative bed poppet, but I'm gonna need you to wake up," dad said, gently shaking me, " you have someone who wants to see you,"

I yawned and opened my eyes, rubbing them as I sat up.

"Georgia!"

"Hello," she laughed, wrapping her arms around me, "you've grown a lot!"

"I missed you,"

"I'm sure you've had plenty of fun with your dad,"

"And mum, Viola is my mum. Marcus lives with us too,"

"That is amazing, really,"

"Is everything okay at the orphanage?"

"It's great. What about with you?"

We started walking down to the canteen, Georgia letting me hold her hand.

"School is hard, but everything is going good. I have a girlfriend, and lots of friends, and my room is purple,"

"Like your braces?"

"Yeah. Have I changed?"

"Massively, in a really positive way. You look so strong, and sound so smart,"

"I still love reading,"

"Well that's good,"

"And drawing. We moved house, and I get the attic as a little hangout place. It had a rug and lots of blankets,"

"That sounds wonderful Ava, it really does. How have you been coping generally?"

I looked over at dad, who just raised his eyebrows for me to speak.

"It is still up and down,"

"Better than all down,"

"Thankyou for supporting me so much when I lived with you,"

"It was a pleasure, and it is nice to see you again looking so much more healthy,"

"I got all my shots, and I can eat- I learnt how to cook! And I got new clothes, and, I am getting my ears pierced later,"

"You know what Ava," she smiled, "Compared to our last conversation, it is really nice to hear you not shut up,"