51

Ashton

As part of the Christmas countdown, I had wanted to take Ava to see a show. However, due to things recently I had decided Ava probably wouldn't enjoy having to sit still in such a loud place.

Instead, I'd bought tickets for Viola and I.

"Are you ready?" I asked, adjusting my shirt as I looked in the mirror.

"Almost,"

"Well we need to leave now,"

"Just wait,"

I grabbed my phone and her bag, then put food out for the dogs. Milo- who hadn't grown at all since we got him- leaped up and started barking, wagging his tail as I stroked him.

"Eat up,"

As if he knew what that meant, he went to his bowl, Montana contently eating her portion of food as well. I heard the clip clip of heels and turned to see Viola in a black and white plaid skirt, and a black top; as usual, it complemented her body beautifully.

"Well you make me look bad," I chuckled, taking a photo before she could protest, "you look so beautiful,"

"Ash," she blushed, looking down as she walked towards me. He long hair was curled at the bottom, and the baby hairs were out of her face, showing the makeup she wore. With or without it, she looked stunning.

"Honestly,"

"You needed a belt for your trousers," she noticed, because they'd previously been a perfect fit.

"Well I only have you to thank. Do you want to drive, or shall I?"

"I'm in heels Ash, I can't really drive. Do you think I'll be okay with the journey on Saturday?"

"I'm sure, don't worry about it. Your hotel is booked and everything,"

"Hopefully next year he could come down, if we have a new house too,"

"Well the deposit is down," I smiled, "when Ava goes to Michael's, I'm going for a meeting for a mortgage then to put our flat up for rent again. On Sunday, Marcus comes and I'm going to spend the morning with him,"

"Yeah. She'll be so happy,"

I grabbed my keys and looped my arm through hers, leading her out of the apartment.

"Do you know what? It's such a relief to walk out the flat and not worry about being catcalled, or shouted at,"

"I'm sorry you went through that,"

"It's okay," she said quietly, "things have gotten better, and I feel really good right now,"

"I should've taken us out to eat too,"

"Don't be silly,"

We got in the car, and I held her hand, brushing my thumb against her knuckles. They were cold, and almost shaking, which wasn't usual for Viola.

I grabbed the blanket from the back which Ava used in winter, and put it across her body.

"I'm hot already,"

"Your hand is freezing. Do you feel sick?"

"No, I feel fine, I promise. I guess I'm just a bit nervous to see my dad, and be away for a bit,"

"You can call or text whenever you want still, and if you need me to come down then someone can look after Ava,"

"Thankyou,"

"You should talk more, about how you feel, because you listen to Ava and I but don't say much yourself,"

"I'm really happy with where I am right now,"