15

Ava

"We aren't setting off for school until we take your medicine," dad said, dumping it all in front of me. While he got me water, I took the vitamins and did the inhaler. There were a couple of tablets, but also cream to use if it got bad.

There wasn't loads of actual medicine really, but just a lot that my body needed.

"And have you brushed your teeth?"

"Yes,"

"Okay, sorry for the early start, I'll drop you off with grandma. I need to do paperwork,"

Viola tiredly came through, placing a kiss on my head and dad's cheek.

"We ready to go?"

"I think so, sorry,"

"It's okay," she yawned, "I need to organise my office a little since we got new stock,"

"I forgot about that," dad groaned, "hopefully Cal can do some,"

"I don't want to hear about this boring stuff,"

Dad laughed, grabbing my packed lunch from the side. Although I felt much better, I didn't want to eat in the canteen with Harry, or get food with someone. Mr Carter said I could always stay in the classroom because he would be in and out anyway.

"I want you to eat all of it, okay?"

"I will,"

"Good, Mrs Lockheart wants to see you before school. Harry will drop you off,"

I nodded and looped my arm round his as we went downstairs. Since Viola still used this car, I had to go in the back.

I plugged my headphones in and drifted into a story, finding a comfort in them. I loved creating stories, and pushing my imagination. It was probably weird, but no one would know, so it didn't really matter.

We arrived at Grandma's house and I said goodbye, running into the house and up to Harry's room.

"Good morning Ava," grandma called, "have you had breakfast?"

"Yes,"

"You're cheery," Harry smiled, sitting up on his bed.

"It's summer this week, and pride,"

"Oh yeah, that should be fun. You should come out with all of us in the holidays, or we could meet up but you and Sam go off,"

"Yeah, okay. I'm nervous for Christmas,"

"Why are you nervous?"

"Because I don't know what to get people, and if I get them a bad gift them they'll be sad,"

"No they won't be,"

Grandma called us down, Harry letting me sit in the front seat. I fiddled with the straps on my bag, turning to grandma.

"I'm really sorry about last weekend,"

"It's okay, dad made a much bigger deal. I know you didn't mean to do it, and you didn't hurt me,"

"It just panicked me,"

"And I should've known. You don't need to be hung up on this anymore,"

"Okay,"

She smiled and kissed my hand, parking down the road to school.

"Have a good day, I'll pick you up later. If anyone says anything, don't listen,"

"I won't. I'm going to try and see Sapphire and Amber because I've not been to drama for a few weeks. I just don't feel ready for a big class,"

"Next year you can get back to it,"