21

Ava

"Catch," Luke said, throwing me a bag of something. I had been lounging in his office for the morning, enjoying the air con and silence.

Dad could be quite energetic sometimes, and I needed a break.

"That could've cut my face,"

"But it didn't,"

"Thankyou for letting me stay in here,"

"It's okay," he smiled, sitting on the end of the sofa, "they are like crisps, but the healthy version,"

"Oh,"

I put them on the floor, rolling onto my side. I was in shorts, and now wished I wasn't.

"That wasn't meant like that,"

"I know,"

"Ava, come on," he said sadly, "you know I'd never try and shame you like that. I just thought it would be something you and dad might like,"

I felt tearful, and guessed the little comments formed some sort of puzzle in my mind. It sucked, and most the comments came from myself.

"Thankyou," I said anyway.

"There's water in the fridge, the air con is on, and you can watch Netflix on my laptop if you want. I'm locking the door but the spare key is by Michael's desk. He might pop in and out,"

"I want to see him,"

"You can do. You look tired,"

"I am. I didn't sleep much because I'm really worried about school next year,"

"I get that, but now is your time away, so we need to push that thought away. This weekend will be amazing,"

I smiled and nodded, stretching out.

"I might nap,"

"They can make you feel worse, and you should eat soon,"

"But I'm almost asleep,"

"Try and stay awake. Someone will check up on you in the day,"

He kissed my head and left, my body feeling overheated. I grabbed a bottle of water and one of his vests, because they'd be looser than mine. I had a sports bra on underneath, so it didn't matter too much that the top didn't cover me properly.

I was sticking to the sofa, so I laid on the floor, trying to watch Netflix. However, every five seconds, my eyes closed, so I turned it off and gave them a rest.

Which lasted hours.

"Ava, babygirl, that can't be comfy,"

I woke up, someone's thumb brushing against my cheek. I could tell it was Michael, which made me reach up.

"Now, what are we doing down here?"

"The sofa stuck to me,"

"You're hot huh? Can you sit up for me?"

He rested his hand on my back and helped me up, my body falling into his. I felt sick, and thirsty, and hot.

"I'm gonna be sick," I said. He grabbed the bin and held it infront of me- I threw up.

"How much water have you drunk?"

"I got a bottle,"

"And you've not opened it. I think you're dehydrated bub,"

"Michael," I whined.

"Quieten down. Let's get you to an empty office and get you on an IV. It's nice and cool,"