23

Ashton

I woke up in the morning with Ava practically ontop of me, her arms wrapped round me. I didn't want to wake her up, but I had to.

"Good morning poppet," I whispered, "time to get up,"

"I'll eat with grandma,"

"Okay, I'll leave you to sleep a bit longer. I love you,"

She kissed my cheek and got under the cover on Viola's side, who was cooking in the kitchen.

"How was your night?"

"You need to get a memory foam topper, because that bed sucks,"

"It does?" I asked worriedly, seeing her nod.

"Please can you massage my back?

"Why didn't she tell me?"

"I don't know, Ash. Do you want egg?"

"Yes please,"

Carefully, I massaged her back, stopping when she turned round. I kissed her, buttering the toast when it had popped.

As we dished up the food, Ava shuffled through, sitting next to Viola.

"Good morning,"

She hummed and laid her head on the table, looking at Viola.

"Thankyou,"

"It's okay, anything you want to say about your bed?"

She shrugged and looked at me, so I raised my eyebrows and she looked back down.

"Did you not think that maybe, some of your back pain is caused by a bed that hurts?"

"Maybe,"

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"I thought you would call me ungrateful,"

"Ava," I said, hurt that she thought I'd ever say that, "Don't be silly. I'll order you some memory foam,"

"I want the bed like yours, but I thought, maybe I didn't earn that yet,"

"You don't have to earn comfort, I'll get some memory foam, no problem. Do you maybe want to stay at someone else's house to sleep tonight? Because tomorrow you could sleep on the sofa and the air bed could go in the living room. I'll try and get it delivered for tomorrow,"

"I can sleep on the sofa tonight,"

"The sofa isn't very comfortable for more than one night," Viola said, looking at me in a knowing matter.

Not that we wanted Ava out, but it was an excuse to have a night alone as well as for her to have a good rest.

"Well how do I choose who to see?"

"Maybe you should stay at Grandma's, since you're there already. You've not stayed before so it might be good to before Christmas,"

She nodded and reached her hand out, letting me give it a squeeze.

"Do you want to pack then? I'll pick you up on the way to get Owen, we can come back here to do your makeup, then go,"

"I'm really excited,"

"I know you are," I smiled, "I'm excited too,"

"It might test you, because lots of people go, but we can manage," Viola said, "Go and get packed,"

We finished breakfast while she packed, the she came back through, and laid on the sofa.

"I'm going to draw today,"