26

Ashton

"So, did you buy much?" Owen's mum asked when we dropped him off.

"Not really," I smiled, "we just milled around,"

"Oh good. Well thankyou,"

Owen was waving goodbye when they shut the door, no goodbye or anything. Ava flinched, grabbing my hand.

"It's okay poppet, some people just aren't as welcoming as us,"

"I don't want him to go,"

"I know, but he can come another time. Let's get back before the guys let themselves in,"

She got in the front of the car, still upset. This was the thing that put me off her having friends round, because she got so upset after. I still struggled to work out why, but I assumed it was because she worried there wouldn't be a day as good.

"We're gonna have a fun day, okay? You can sit with all of us, and we can play games or watch films,"

When we got home, the postman was trying to get in with a large parcel. I held the door for him, Ava calling the lift.

"Do you know if Ashton Irwin is in?"

"That's me," I chuckled, "thankyou,"

I took the parcel and we went up in the lift, the apartment door already open. The TV was on, and Calum was laid on my bed.

"Hi, come in," I said sarcastically.

"You gave me the key. What's that?"

"Memory foam for Ava's bed, can you help?"

"Ava, can you take all your cushions off?" Calum asked, helping me open the box.

She neatly started to place her cushions in the corner, holding the teddy in her arms.

"You know, for a very messy room, they are some neatly stacked cushions Ava," I said, "if you ask nicely, we might help you tidy,"

"Please can you help?"

"Of course. Do you want to take your sheet off and put it in the wash?"

As we got the memory foam out, she took the sheet off and we laid it on the bed. With the new sheet, we covered it, and put her cushions back on. Since the duvet was out the cover, we laid it back on.

"Try it out,"

She jumped onto the bed, laying down on it.

"I like it,"

"Good. Now, start organising your desk while we pick up your dirty socks. This is why you hardly have any,"

I went round picking them all up, and putting them in her basket. The floor needed hoovering so we did that, then hung up the freshly washed clothes out the washer. Working as a team paid off.

As much as I wanted her to do it herself, she didn't get much down time with school, so I understood. She helped with other things, so she definitely wasn't being spoilt.

Once we were done, there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it," I said, "I want the room to stay tidy please,"

Luke stood at the door, holding two boxes of ice lollies and some strawberries.

"Incase she gets really hot,"

"Thankyou. She's a bit sad because Owen had to leave,"

"But her favourite uncle is here now," he said cockily, a knock interrupting him.