44

Tw abuse
Ava

For the rest of the day, Sam's family was really nice. His dad brought us lunch, which even though I didn't like, was really nice of him. I felt bad for not liking it, but he happily got me something else.

The sandwich had sauce on it, and herbs, and lots of things; I was used to a chicken and lettuce sandwich.

Jordan ate with us, which we didn't mind, then sat in the corner of the room. It was so big, and I was sure it didn't even spread to the back of the house.

We tried picking a film, but a lot of them looks scary. Without dad here, I didn't want to risk it.

"Sorry for ruining your plans, I've just got a lot of memories right now, and something small might make me react badly,"

"Ava, stop apologising," he said, taking my hand. It was gentle, and reassuring.

"I've never been to someone's house before, so I don't know if I'm supposed to,"

"Just be you,"

"Ava! Your grandma is here,"

"That went quick,"

"Have a good holidays, okay? And I'll see you at school," he said, hugging me tightly, "you sound like you're busy this Christmas,"

"Can I text you?"

"Of course,"

"It's just you didn't say,"

"Because we're friends- I hope- and that's what they do naturally,"

He led me upstairs and I thanked his parents, seeing grandma at the door. I thought she might feel out of place too, so I wasn't alone. Sam's friend group were probably his neighbours, so his parents might not be used to it.

Perhaps I was overthinking, but they were really posh.

"Hey sweetheart," she said, giving me a hug as I reached the door, "have you said thankyou?"

"She has," Adam said, appearing at the door, "she's been a pleasure to have, and can always come round another time. Jordan was saying Harry could come too,"

"Did I do it right?"

"Do what right hun?"

"Coming round, did I do the right things?"

"I think so," he smiled, Jordan appearing at the door to say hi to grandma. I forgot Harry would've come here, so they knew grandma.

"We need to go otherwise we will be late,"

"Bye, thankyou,"

We turned round and went down the stairs on their house, climbing into grandma's car. After all day in someone's house, it was comforting to have the company of her.

As we drove towards town, I thought about Lucy, then last night; it dampened my mood.

I went from extremely happy to quite upset.

"Is Harry at home tomorrow?"

"Yeah, do you want to come round? I'm picking up an extra shift,"