Love Me | Carol Danvers x Reader

request: Hey! Excited that you opened requests, I really like your stuff! Can I have "What have I gotta do to make you love me? What have I gotta do to make you care?" with Carol Danvers, please? I thought maybe a scenario where Carol is tired of trying to make reader notice her but thinks she's indifferent, so one day she's just had enough and throws in this line? 😅 But make it how you feel it's right, please, I'll love it either way!

warnings: none, just fluff

word count: 560

The day Carol Danvers came to Earth, you were entranced. The way she walked and talked, oozing confidence and a hint of cockiness, caused you to be drawn to her. However, you didn't say anything. You didn't know if she was interested in you, let alone in women. But little did you know that she felt the same way towards you. Following the Decimation, whenever she came to visit, she would throw cute, flirty, little pick up lines towards you. But you didn't react much. You'd chuckle slightly and turn away to hide your blush. Unfortunately, Carol took it the wrong way. She thought you either hated her or you were playing hard to get. And finally one day, Carol had enough.

Carol was in town after a long and hard mission. Some rebellious aliens had decided to try to overthrow a government way far out in space and it took a while for her to restore order. It was "Sunday Funday" back at the Avengers compound that day and the team was having a Disney movie marathon in the living room. You were seated on the couch next to Carol. She attempted to initiate a conversation several times with you, but you barely spoke a word, fearing that you'd mess up and embarrass yourself in front of your crush. As the credits rolled through the fifth movie, Carol sighed heavily and turned towards you.

"What have I gotta do to make you love me? What have I gotta do to make you care?" She lamented out loud. The room went quiet and you gaped at her.

She wants me to love her? You thought to yourself. She was just joking with you, right? How could someone so powerful, so beautiful, so phenomenal, so incredible, love someone like you? Sensing the light tension in the room, the rest of the Avengers quickly filtered out of the room, leaving you alone with Carol.

"W-what?" You managed to choke out. "I, I, what do, what do you mean?" You stuttered.

"Listen, Y/N," she said, sighing heavily once more. "I really like you, okay?" She admitted softly as she quickly looked away, breaking eye contact. "It's just it seems that you hate me or something." She scowled to herself and began to pick at the loose thread on the couch. "I flirt with you all the time but you never react, you never reciprocate. Sometimes I think-"

You cut her off by pressing your lips to hers. She freezes, completely surprised by your actions. Worried you just screwed things up even more, you pulled away. Flustered, you quickly stand up and brush yourself off.

"I'm sorry," you whispered. "I don't know what came over me. I'm gonna go." You turned away to hide in your room for the next century but she immediately leapt up and grabbed your wrist.

"Don't go," she stated as you turned to face her again. "I'm sorry, I wasn't expecting that." She gave you her famous smirk. "Do you think we could do that again?" You return the grin and pull her close. "Of course," you responded happily as she pulls you into a chaste kiss. You eventually pulled away, your smile growing even wider.
"And to answer your question," you said, breathlessly, "What do you gotta do to make me love you?"

"Yeah?"

"Kiss me again."