F*cking Grant is F*cking HYDRA |Grant Ward x Reader|

Amount of Words: 609

Warnings:
Steve: Grace watch your language
Me: hush child I'm writing fanfiction
Steve: what's a fanfiction

Requested by Xx_PadmeAmidala_xX and I'm pretty sure Fever09 will want to read this too

And I haven't seen AoS yet so I apologize for any errors

Y/P/N = your pet name

Italics = memories

Fucking Grant.

Fucking Grant Douglas Ward is fucking HYDRA.

You trusted him. You befriended him. You loved him. He was your everything. And you were his everything. You met Grant through Coulson. You and May were the only ones that surpassed his physical strength. You and him had a rocky start but just like those cliche good girl/bad boy stories, you fell for him. Hard. But when you and Coulson found out he was HYDRA, you were sent to kill him.

You kick the door down to his apartment and take out your gun. He stands in the kitchen and stares at you with dismay.

"Babe?" he whispers. "What are you doing?"

"It's over Ward," you snarl. "I know who you really are." He sighs and tries to reason with you.

"Y/P/N-" he starts.

"Don't call me that!" you say, your voice starting to quaver. Memories flash through your mind. How are you supposed to kill him?

"Agent Y/L/N, this is Agent Grant Douglas Ward," Coulson said.

"Well if it isn't Mr. Save the Day in the flesh," you teased.

"You've been hanging around Fitz to much," he grumbled. "Ready to train? I'll take it easy on you," he said with a cocky grin.

"You'll be lucky if I take it easy on you."

"We trusted you Ward," you state. "I trusted you."

"Y/N, please just-"

"Shut up!"

"Saved ya again Y/L/N," Grant said with a smirk.

"That's Agent Y/L/N to you," you retort.

"But aren't I your friend?"

"No,"

"You're no fun," he said with a small pout.

"I hate you."

"How could you do this to us?" you question, on the verge of tears. "How could you do this to me? Why HYDRA? Did you think you'd become some hero?"

Your eyes flutter open and you see Grant hovering over you. What happened?

"Y/N!" he says in relief. "I didn't think you'd make it," he sighs. "Don't ever do that to me again."

"Wh-what happened?" you say weakly.

"You were leading a team of agents but there was an ambush," he says softly as he strokes the side of your face.

"What are you doing?" you question him.

"I'm in love with you Y/N," he confesses.

"I love you too Grant."

"Were you really our friend or was that an act?" you whisper, your voice quavering.

He doesn't answer.

"Did you love me or was that an act too?"

"I love you Y/N!" he shouts with despair. "That'll never change. I will always love you."

"If you really loved me, then why did you betray us?" you sob. "I loved you!"

"Loved?" he asks, his heart breaking.

"Coulson sent me to kill you," you say in a strained voice. "You're my mission."

"Join me Y/N," he begs. "Join HYDRA."

"Damnit Grant," you growl. "Why do you have to make this hard for me? You know my loyalty lies with S.H.I.E.L.D.!"

"Please Y/N!" he pleads. "Join me and you'll be protected!"

You breathe heavily.

"You're my mission," you repeat.

"I love you," he whispers. "Just tell me you love me one last time," he says, closing his eyes and kneeling on the ground.

"I-I," you stutter. You drop your gun on the ground and throw your arms around him.

"I love you too Grant," you mumble into his hair as he pulls you close.

"I'll always love you."