A Winter's Ball |Steve Rogers x Reader

For thefanfictionawards December contest: Winter Ball

And for Andie_AmericanPsycho holiday contest

Also, please don't hate on Sharon. I don't ship Staron but she's still a good character.

Amount of words: 1069

Warnings: a little sad towards the end

Uses songs from Hamilton

Important author's note at the end

It was Christmas time in New York City--especially in the Avengers Tower. Tony was doing his best to get all of the Avengers into the holiday mood. You however, are Sharon Carter's adopted sister, meaning she was going to drag you Tony's Winter Ball that was tonight. Lucky you.

"But Sharon," you whine at the blonde as she rummages through your closet. "I don't wanna do this!"

"Oh hush," she chuckles. "You'll be fine. Who knows, maybe you'll find a guy."

"Yeah right," you snort as you plop down on your bed. Sharon pulls out an armful of dresses and holds them up one by one.

"This one?"

"No."

"This one?" She tries.

"Uh no," you retort. This pattern continues on until she finally stops at a sparkly f/c dress.

"This one?" She asks with a smile, waggling her eyebrows.

"Fine," you relent. You had to admit that the dress was gorgeous. It was long, shimmery and had a slit on one side from the waist down. You changed into the dress and she did your hair and makeup.

"Ready Y/N/N?" She asks you.

"I guess," you sigh as you follow her out of your apartment. The two of you walk to the tower and are greeted in by the one and only Tony Stark.

"Evening Miss Carter," he greets Sharon. "And you are?" He asks you.

"Y/N Carter," you grimace. You know about his reputation with women and plan to avoid him tonight.

"Well, find me if you, well I don't know, want some action tonight," he says with a wink.

"In your dreams Stark," you snap at him as you stomp off, trying to find your sister. You eventually find her
with Maria Hill and Natasha Romanoff. You join them when a group of guys catches your eye.

~~~~~~~~

"It's a 2016 winters ball and it looks like the Carter sisters are here tonight," Sam notes as he sips his beer.

"The envy of all," Bucky jokes. Steve looks up and his eyes land on you.

"Wow," Steve admires you from afar. "Who's that?"

"Sharon's sister," Clint answers. "She's a trained agent but never became an official SHIELD agent."

~~~~~~~~

Sharon pulls you away from the crowd.

"Got your eye on someone?" She asks with a knowing smirk.

I have never been the one to try to grab the spot light

But we were at a revel with some rebels on a hot night