100 | Steve Rogers x Reader

word count: 866
warnings: None, just an imagine celebrating cap's 100th

A/N SORRY THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE POSTED YESTERDAY BUT I FELL ASLEEP WHEN I WAS WRTING IT

Today was a special day. A very special day. Steve Roger's 100th birthday to be exact. And with Steve being your boyfriend of three years, you wanted to do something special for him.

You and Bucky had been planning this celebration for the longest time. But stupid Thanos had to come which made the two of you have to put aside your plans. However, it did allow the guardians to celebrate Steve's special day with you.

So far, everything was running smoothly. Tony, Pepper, and Rhodey we're handling the decorations, Sam and T'Challa were getting last minute presents, the guardians were cooking, Thor and Bruce were distracting Steve, Clint and Natasha were out getting last minute necessities and Peter, Shuri and Loki were locked in a room because they would accidentally spoil the surprise.

"Everything looks good so far!" You said to Bucky cheerfully, as the two of you walked around the party room at the Avengers compound. "Decorations are almost done, the presents are almost here, the cake needs about another ten more minutes, Clint and Nat should be here in two minute-"

"We're back," a voice said, cutting you off from above. Clint was in the air vents. What a surprise.

"Oh, it's good to be back!" He chirped, jumping out of them and nearly landing on Bucky.

"We are ready to par-tay!" Sam hooted as he and T'Challa entered the room, arms full of presents.

"Dear lord," Natasha sighed as she came up from behind, carrying two shopping bags. "Is everything ready yet?"

"I think we're ab-"

"Is it time for the party to commence?!" A voice bellowed. Thor and Bruce entered the room. You glared at Thor.

"Cake's here!" Peter Quill shouted as he carried in a large, red, white and blue cake, topped with sparklers.

"Anyways as I was saying, before I was so rudely interrupted," you sighed. "We have presents, food, drinks, plates, napkins, decorations, utensils, and....are we missing anything?" Suddenly, it dawned on you.

"Um Thor?" You questioned. "Where's Steve? You and Bruce were supposed to bring him in!"

"Oh, um," he stuttered. "I think Brother Steve left. He looked quite depressed actually. So I didn't want to bother him that much."

"Damnit!" You cursed. You took a deep breath. "Okay, Bucky, you get the others from the room and get everyone to hide. I'm gonna go get Steve. And when we return, we all yell surprise, got it?" And with that, you ran out of the room. You knew exactly where he went. The roof. It was a place for him to be alone and he could draw whatever he wanted up there.

"Steve?" You called as you reached the top. You saw his figure sitting alone at the edge of the building. You approached him quietly and sat next to him.

"Steve, you okay?" You asked him, taking his hand.

"Yeah, it's just that," he sighed sadly, his eyes downcast. "And I don't wanna sound petty or anything but, no one remembered that today's my birthday. Not even my best friend or my girlfriend. I mean, I didn't expect something big, just a simple happy birthday woulda been fine. But when I woke up this mornin, you were gone. And the only people that greeted me, were Thor and Bruce. And they just wanted to talk about how Bruce beat Thor when they were on planet party place with that Jeff Goldblum lookin guy."

"Oh Steve," you sighed. "I didn't know you felt that way." You paused and pulled him up to his feet. "Let me make it up to you, okay?" You pressed a small kiss to his lips and took his hand. "I love you, Steve."

"I love you too, Y/N," he said with a smile as he walked with you back.

MEANWHILE...

"Okay, so we're having a surprise birthday party for Steve! So we have to be very quiet. That means you too Loki," Bucky stated, looking meaningfully at Loki.

"Jesus? I mean, Mr. Soldier, err, Mr. Wolf? Um, Mr. Barnes?" Peter stuttered.

"Yes?"

"Is that why we got locked in here with Mr. Loki?"

"It's Bucky and yes. Because you're too much like that Tom Holland kid, always spoiling everything. Or you'd make a huge mess, trying to reenact those whatever you all em, trees or branches or-"

"Vines Bucky, they're called vines," Shuri chimed in.

"Pathetic mortals," Loki scoffed as he walked out of the room. "Never put me in the same room alone with those two mortal children."

"Hey!"

A FEW MINUTES LATER

"Alright Steve, ready?" You said with a smile.

"But this isn't our bedroom," Steve commented confused.

"Steve!" You exclaimed, smacking his arm. He turned bright red.

"Sorry."

"Anyways..." You pushed the door open.

"SURPRISE!" Everyone shouted as they jumped up as red, white and blue confetti fell from above.

"This is for me?" Steve choked out tearfully. He pulled you into a bear hug. "You're the best Y/N."

"Happy birthday, Steve. You're 100. You're old."