Always Part Three (Final) | Steve Rogers x Bucky Barnes x Reader

A/N- In this oneshot, you can choose to either end up with Bucky or Steve.

Amount of words:819
Warnings: more feels...

~Steve's POV

"Get out," I tell Bucky coldly. "You're no longer welcome here."

"But-"

"Just go."

He looks at me with sad eyes  and leaves. I look at Y/N. She stands there with tears in her eyes.

"Y/N?" I whisper. "Are you okay?" I pull her into a tight hug. "Yeah," she whispers. "The wedding's still on, right?" She asks as she looks at me. "Of course!" I assure her.

"I love you Y/N," I mumble in her ear. She hesitates for a moment. "I love you too Steve."

*time skip brought to you by Clint and Bucky forming a "Brainwashed by Bad Guys" club*

Reader POV

You come out of the dressing room wearing a strapless, white and lacy wedding dress.

"You look beautiful Y/N," Wanda gushes. You don't say anything.

"Is something wrong?" Wanda asked with concern. You still don't say anything.

"Y/N?"

"Did Bucky come?"

"No," Wanda says. "Why do you ask?"

"I miss him," you admit. "It's been six months since I've seen him. He's one of my best friends."

"Do you love him?"

"I," you say hesitantly. "I don't know."

"Do you love Steve?"

It takes you a moment to answer.

"Yes."

"Do you?"

"Yes!" You insist. "I love him. "Do you thing I'd be standing here if I didn't?"

"I'm just making sure," she says. "Whatever happens today, make sure you follow your heart." And with that she starts to leave.

"Wanda," you call after her. She turns around. "Thanks for everything." You hug her. "Your the best friend a girl could have." She smiles at you. "Good luck Y/N." She leaves. You look at yourself in the mirror. Is this what you really want?

Now is the time to make your choice. If you choose to marry Steve, then keep reading. If you don't want to marry Steve, then skip to the part where it says Bucky.

Steve

Yes. You think. This is what you want. You are in love with Steve. Nothing can change that. You step into the church foyer and take your brother's arm.

"Ready sis?" He whispers to you.

"Yes," you reply with confidence. The doors swing open and the music begins. Your brother escorts you down the aisle. Steve stares at you with awe.

You finally reach the altar.

"Good luck sis," your brother whispers to you. He kisses your cheek. "Thanks," you whisper back. He hands you over to Steve.

"You look beautiful," Steve says softly. "You don't look that bad yourself," you joke. He smiles at you. The two of you exchange vows and the rings.

"I now present you man and wife. You may kiss the bride." The priest says. Steve kisses you passionately. "May I present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Steve Rogers!" The priest says grandly.

"I love you Y/N," he says taking your hand.

"I love you too Steve." You smile at him. "Always."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Bucky

That's when you realize that you're in love with Bucky. Someone knocks on the door.

"Y/N?"

"Come in," you say. The person comes in. It's Bucky.

"You look beautiful," he says in awe.

"Bucky?" You say. "I need to tell you something.

"Yes?"

"I love you."

"What?"

"I love you. You're the one I want to spend my life with. You're the one I want to wake up next to every morning. You're the one I want to start a family with. You're the one I want to grow old with. You're the one I want to die with."

"I love you too Y/N," he says as he pulls you into a hug. "But what about Steve?"

"I know what to do." You say. You slip off your ring and write a quick letter.

Dearest Steve,

Over the past few months, I contemplated one question. Did I love you or Bucky. Today I realized that I am in love Bucky. I am truly sorry Steve. I'm sorry that our relationship had to end like this. I hope you understand.

-Y/N

You fold the letter and leave it on the table with your ring on top.

"So what now?" Bucky asks you.

"I guess we just wing it," you say with a smile.

Before, you could see your future like a straight road. You knew what was going to happen. Now, all you can see is a bend in the road. You don't know what's going to happen next. All you know is that you want to spend the rest of your life with one man. And that was Bucky. You will always love him. Always.

Requests are open!