Civil War | Bucky Barnes x Reader

Amount of words: 733
Warnings: feels...

"It's one in the morning Steve," you say. "Why don't we stop by a hotel or something. We all need to rest."

"Fine," Steve grumbles as he searches for a hotel. He finally pulls into the parking lot of a small motel.  A few minutes later you flop onto one of the beds. You yawn. Bucky lies down next to you. He turns around to face you.

"Are you okay?" You ask him. Bucky has been your boyfriend for the past couple of years.

"I'm fine," he mumbles.

"Bucky," you say. "Why did my brother do this to you?" you say, gesturing to his missing arm. "I thought you were going to have a truce," you say sadly. "What happened?"

"I don't want to talk about it," he mumbles.

"But-"

"I said I don't want to talk about it."

"Fine," you say curtly. You get off the bed. "But I can't help you if you don't tell me what's wrong." You go into the bathroom and lock the door. You sink to the floor. Why was he acting like this? Your phone rings and you answer it.

"Y/N?" You realize that its Tony. "Please don't hang up Y/N. There's something you need to know."

"And what is that?" You snap.

"I know how our parents really died."

"Wh-what?" You stutter.

"They were murdered. By James Barnes."

"Is this some sort of trick to get me to join your side?" You accuse him.

"No! I just sent you a video. Just watch it Y/N. Please," he begs.

You sigh as you open Tony's message and play the video. You realize that Tony was right.

"Tony?" you say weakly as tears stream down your face. "Are you still there?"

"Yeah," he says sadly.

"Send me your location. I need to see you in person." You hang up your phone and come out of the bathroom, only to run into Steve.

"Y/N?" he says as he stops you. "What's wrong?"

"Did you know Steve?" you ask him harshly.

"Did you know that he killed my parents?"

"Yes," he says in a small voice.

"Why didn't you tell me?" you say angrily. "Why didn't you tell Tony? Why did you hide this from us?"

"I was just trying to protect both of you!"

"From what? The truth?"

"What's going on in here?" Bucky interrupts as he joins you and Steve. He sees your tear streaked face.

"Y/N?" he asks as he grabs your hand. "What's wrong?"

You pull away from him. "Don't touch me!" You cry. "You're a murderer."

Bucky backs away from you slowly as tears form in his eyes.

"It wasn't him!" Steve interjects as he grabs your wrist. "It was Hydra!"

"I need to go," you say coldly.

"But-"

"Goodbye Steve," you say curtly as you push past him and leave the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You finally arrive at the Stark Tower. Tony is waiting for you at the front door. You run into his arms and all the tears pour out.

"It wasn't him sis," he whispers in your hair. "He really does love you. He's sorry."

"How do you know this?"

"Steve called me while you were on your way. He said that Bucky loves you." He pauses for a moment. "He said that Bucky's going back into the freezing chamber." You gape at Tony.

"Do you love him Y/N?" He asks you seriously.

You think about all the things he's done for you and all the little moments you've shared with him.

"Yes."

"Then go stop him!" Tony cheers.

"I will."

~~~~~~~~~~~

You burst into the room just as Bucky walks over to the machine.

"Wait!" You shout.

"Y/N?" Bucky says as he turns around.

You run towards him. "I'm sorry Bucky! I'm sorry for calling you a murderer. I wasn't thinking right. It wasn't you. It was Hydra."

"Y/N," he whispers as he takes your hands. "I forgive you. But I need to do this."

"I understand," you say as you blink away a few tears.

"I love you Y/N," he says as he kisses you passionately one last time. "Will you promise to wait for me?"

"I promise."

Requests are open!