Chapter 40 - Shock

Start from the beginning

Making my way outside I sit down on the step and take a few deep breaths; it's only a moment later Paisley joins me and sits down next to me.

"Hey." She says softly

"Hi." I give her a soft smile

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine." I shrug.

"You know if you're not okay you can tell me; I'm not going to judge."

"I don't feel very well." I admit. "I just have this pain my chest and this sick feeling in the bottom of my stomach and I can't get it to go away."

Rubbing my back softly she sighs "It's going to be okay C, it's all over now."

"Everyone else seems fine about it all you, look at Jordan he put a bullet in Tyler and he's flirting up a storm with Jill, he isn't even affected. But I-I took a life." I say out loud "I took someone's life."

I stand up, feeling as if I'm about to be sick, but my legs give way under me and I begin to fall. Zack races over just in time catches me, scooping me up.

"What happened?" He questions P.

"Honestly, I think she's in shock."

Zack carries me back up to my room and places me down in the bed. "Call us if you need anything, we'll be right downstairs."

I nod and close my eyes as I snuggle into the sheets.

Zay has been very quiet since we got home, unlike the rest of the men he hasn't been by my side, there has been no kisses, no cuddles, nothing but silence since we arrived back home. I can't help wondering if he's upset with me, if he's made with me for taking a life. I wouldn't blame him if he was, but I did what I had to do.

Stepping out of bed I make my way down the hall. I hear laughing coming from dad's office.

Zay?

Continuing down the hall I push the office door open softly and that's when I see it. Zay and Tyler, talking, laughing, planning.

"Here she is." Tyler smirks as they turn their attention me.

"N-no." I mumble stepping backward "you're dead Tyler, this isn't real." I squeeze my eyes shut and open them again but he's still standing there in front of me.

"Oh I'm real baby, feel me." He takes my hand and focuses me to touch him. I struggle to get away but he's always been stronger.

"This isn't real. This isn't real." I chant to myself.

"You never were very smart where you Charlie?" Zay laughs "this entire thing was a set up, I never loved you, I never even liked you, this was all about me getting you back to Tyler." He laughs once more.

"You wanna stay and have a little fun?" Tyler grins.

"Nah man, she's all yours." He pats him in the back and winks.

Chet's POV:

The doorbell rings and everyone stops looking at each other, we weren't expecting anyone else. I stand up from the table and make my way to the front door. I pull it open to find officer Bradley standing on my doorstep.

"Good evening Chet."

"Officer." I nod "What can I do for you."

"I was wondering if Charlie might be home?"

"She's up in her room, she's not feeling well."

"Do you think I could speak to her, it's rather important." He continues.

"I believe she's asleep at the moment, but I'll check for you." I hold the door open. "Take a seat if you like." I offer and head back to the outdoor area where everyone is sitting.

"Would you mind going to get Charlie and let her know Officer Bradley is here to talk to her?" I question.

"Yeah of course." He nods and makes his way upstairs.