This was it. I opened the door slowly, letting one leg out after the other. I could legit see how my white Jordans glittered under the sun. I could hear how Manuel started the engine and drove off, immediately I was out of the car. Damn him.

Click!

I rolled my eyes. It was the same old cycle of things happening over and over again, and before I knew it, someone else had taken another picture of me. I could hear people whisper to each other, there were so many eyes staring at me, eyes I had never seen before. A lot of people I didn't even know, and somehow all of them knew exactly who I was.

"Oh my God, it's really him."

"I can't believe he's here."

"He's so handsome."

The comments just didn't stop, even though I was standing right there. I could barely even see the building's entrance because they were all doing a great job at making sure there was no way for me to get in, until they were done with their admiration.

"He looks way different from TV, even better."

"He has grown so much since we were kids."

Click! Click ! Click!

I was getting really tired of all the flickering sounds and flashes from their phone cameras on my face. I didn't stop them, but I needed air. I needed to breathe.

"Okay!" I heard a loud voice from the crowd, followed by clapping hands just as everyone began to create a demarcating line away from the door. It looked like someone was trying to push himself out of the crowd. "Can we all just step back and let the man breathe?"

I watched the average heightened guy in a clean shave announce, as he hurriedly jumped out of the crowd and came to my rescue. He turned to me with a smile on his face.

"Hey Jer."

Yet another face I was familiar with.

Kingsley.

The nineteen year old with the most sincere smile anyone had ever seen, and just like a very few people in my life, I'd known him for a while. Not like I chose to, or I wanted to, he always had a way of showing up in my face all the damn time, even without my permission. Something about him wanting to be friends with me by all means, and no matter how many times I told him that I wasn't interested in whatever friendship he wanted, he just didn't back off. Not in the states and definitely not here.

Kingsley's father who happened to be the chief of Defense staff had a lot of weight to his name. A lot to make his son one of the most respected in the school, and quite the opposite of his father. Unlike his father, Kingsley smiled a lot, and was really friendly too. I stared at him, not sure how to react with him just smiling in my face.

"I tried to tell them not to get too dramatic, but they didn't listen. Looks like everyone is excited to have you back best friend."

I rolled my eyes.
He leaned closer to me.

"I told everyone you're my best friend. Don't fall my hand please." He whispered, staring into my eyes, pouting. I let out a disbelief scoff, my hands still firm in the pocket of my black and red checked custom made trousers, and then looked away from him. I walked away. I was really getting tired of all that drama. Surprisingly, everyone stood out of my way. 

"Wait for me, friend!" I heard Kingsley yell as he ran in after me. I had no idea what happened to the crowd after that.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────