2. Focus

I DON'T OWN THE PICTURE.

'Wait, Annie! Where are you going?!'

You yelled after your big sister as she began walking away, but stopped when she heard you call out to her. She turned around to face you, a blank but slightly sad expression on her pale face, knowing that she may not see you in a while or ever again after she leaves. She studied your features, her heart crumbling at the sight of your icy blue eyes filled with confusion, your mouth that was slightly agape, and your furrowed brows. Annie closed her eyes and let out a sigh, opening them again to answer your question.

'I've been given a mission, to capture someone important, a Titan Shifter like me. I may not see you for a while, and I can't promise you I'll come back... but I care about you, and I want you to carry on training so you know what you're doing, even if I won't be there...'

Tears gathered at the corners of your eyes, why was she talking like this? She can't promise you she won't come back...? What does that mean? Does she mean she's going to be...

You desperately shook those sick thoughts out of your head, there's now way Annie is going to die! You rushed forward and embraced her in a tight hug that was filled with passion, love, and sadness. You closed your icy blue eyes, letting out a small sniffle, and spoke to hear in a voice that obviously gave away the fact that you were crying.

'Wait, no, please don't don't go, Annie...' You sobbed, trying to convince her to come back inside and forget the mission, but all she did was mutter lots of apologies that made you embrace her even tighter.

'If you inherit the power of the Female Titan, [Name], then you know what would have happened to me. Don't ever let anyone else have it, I believe in you, you'll do so many great things with it...'

She let go of me, and it felt like a part of me had been ripped from my soul. I reached my hand out to grasp her, but with one last goodbye, she walked off and left me by myself. My icy blue eyes were wide, and tears were falling from my face. The last thing she said to me though, I would never forget it, just like I would never forget her....

'I love you.'

.

.

.

'Come on ladies, get those arms up!'

'You can do better than that, boys!'

Miss Mitchell instructed her students to keep going, and some of them groaned in exhaustion. I, however, wasn't breaking a sweat, and continued with my little warm up. Mr Ellis, the gym teacher for the boys, decided that they and the girls should have a lesson together and all of them should try lifting weights. I didn't really complain, as long as no one attempted to distract me, then I was completely fine with it.

Miko was currently next to me, stretching her limbs and and warming herself up. She constantly kept going on about how cool I was, how awesome my abs were, and continuously asked if I could help her do some lifting. I wasn't really listening, but I did say I would help her if I felt like it, but I turned towards the sound of Jack and Raf coming our way.

'Hey [Name], Miko, you gonna try and lift some weights with me and Raf?' Jack asked us both, his posture relaxed and ready for what we were about to do. He didn't seem very muscular, but he looked confident enough to try and get more fit. Miko nodded energetically, then pointed towards me and started jumping up and down in excitement, completely hyper.

'You should have seen [Name] in the changing room! She totally embarrassed this girl called Nikki, and she has amazing abs, look!' She pointed to some of my exposed stomach because I was wearing a crop top. Jack looked at my skin in awe, while Raf looked up at my face in admiration. 'Wow, I had no idea you worked out, [Name]. In fact, you haven't really told us much about yourself.'