Prologue

I DON'T OWN THE PICTURE.

'You know, I'm thinking of cutting my hair. Father says it gets in the way when I'm training, and I don't want it to annoy me--'

'Don't.'

'Eh?' You turned to look at your big sister, her cold blue orbs staring straight ahead as you both silently enjoyed the cool breeze against your sweaty skin. With today's lesson done, you sat side by side and relaxed under the nice weather. Your older and only sister, Annie, would usually sit with you if you had separate or the same lesson, even if you were both completely out of breath.

To be honest, you sometimes questioned how you and her were actually related, though you loved having her as your sister. You were so kind, bubbly, and energetic... and she wast just... cold, distant, emotionless. Even if that was the way she acted around others, she was more open to you, not to mention protective. If a boy ever gave you a look that basically says 'I-want-to-kiss-you-so-badly', she'll probably beat them to a pulp. She seemed to not want you around boys, as if you'd be taken away from her. You were the one she cared about most, after all.

Father told you the other day that your hair could get in the way of training, so he suggested that you cut it. Your hair was pretty long, it reached all the way down to your backside. You had to admit though, it was getting pretty annoying, but Annie seemed to disagree.

'It looks nice the way it is.' Her cold blue eyes looked at your hair and scanned it for a moment, then turned back to look in front of her again. There was a small moment of silence, but it wasn't awkward. You took the time to enjoy how the air cooled down your sweaty skin, the chirping of birds, and the water flowing down the stream nearby your house.

'If you really want to cut it, then I'll help you with it.'

That shook you out of your thoughts, and you turned to your big sister with a surprised look. Even if she disagreed with something, she'd still help you out, something that you loved about her. You smiled happily and snuggled closer to her. 'Thanks, Annie!'

All she did was let out a small 'hmph', and moved the slightest bit closer to you, and you knew she enjoyed the nice moment. You were both quiet as you enjoyed the nature around you, and the sound of the animals surrounding the trees and scenery.

You missed those days.

.

.

.

Today was the day I finally go to school instead of teaching myself. My apartment wasn't far from Memorial High School, about a twenty minute walk. The school looked fairly large, so a lot of teenagers must be attending here, something I wasn't really used to. Because I was homeschooled by my father, I never really spoke to other people, but I didn't really care that much. I didn't want to talk to anyone, just get by without any distractions.

My shoulder-length hair was in the same that my sister used to have hers as, a style I really liked seeing her use. I was wearing a long-sleeved black shirt with a fur hoodie and . On my legs were , and my feet were covered with . My icy blue eyes scanned my surroundings as I made my way up the steps and through the entrance of the school. I passed other people, different looks and accessories on each and every one of them.

There were plenty of boys, either looking through their lockers, talking with their friends or trying to get by so they could get to their class early. Most of them turned to look at me, you could practically see the hearts in their eyes, looking me up and down. The girls turned to me with envious looks, jealous of how naturally long my eyelashes were and how beautiful my figure was. I paid them no mind though, and walked to my first class, maths.