Introduction

Eve Kane is a seventeen year-old delinquent on the Ark in space. Ninety-seven years ago, the last remaining parts of the human race went into space to escape the radiation soaked planet, and they had been living there ever since.

Eve is the daughter of councilman Marcus Kane, and for four years straight she was abused by her awful step-mother; Councilor Kane just turned a blind eye to it, because he needed no drama surrounding him and his family. One day, Eve snapped, and that resulted in her killing Kristy--he step-mother--with a screwdriver she stole from the engineering unit.

Typically, when a crime is committed on the Ark, the committor is floated into space, but if they are under the age of eighteen they must be held in a prison cell until the age of eighteen when they are reviewed. Eve was locked up for six months, but one-hundred juvenile delinquents including herself were sent to Earth to see if it was habitable.

While on the ground, Eve desperately tries to seem as if she didn't brutally kill her step-mother, but once somebody finds out all hell brakes loose. As, she becomes persecuted, Eve desperately wants to make amends with her father, but he is stuck in the Ark dying along with his people.